Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anyone chasin Gobblers yet

Kraven

I know that a few states have opened up alreadyso I was just wondering if anyone has gone out hunting yet this season,if so what were your results.If not when do ya start?

Turkey Season

Turkey season just opened up in SW Georgia today :D .....woooo hoooo. It's to bad I don't hunt Turkey. None of my freinds bird hunt so I've never been bird hunting....no one to show me the ropes I guess :( . Ohhh well, I still love mounting them they are a pretty bird. :)

TW 23... Turkey hunting is a grand passion....I wouldn't be surprised if you have some customers who would help you get started in the sport if you let them know you're interested...I'm sure someone would like to take you under thier wing and show you the ropes... I have ladyfriend in SC who is DEADLY on turkeys... She's taken a lot of birds, including a world slam...

It looks like I won't be hunting until the Ontario opener April 25... I have an invite to hunt Virginia this year ( April 9th) but I can't make it.. Too many irons in the fire...I'll have to be content to hunt Ontario, New York and Pennsylvania...

Ours opened on Sat for the next 37? days...I saw one group of three jakes and one mixed group with a dandy long-beard....both on the way to coach my daughters softball game... :( I have no life in the Spring.......

Did some scouting yesterday. Believe our season starts this saturday, 4-2...it's greening up around here...saw lots of deer and a coyote. Mucho turkey.

I just got back today from Florida 85 degrees to 38 is a real bummer ! I hunted in Blackwater State Forest and never found a bird or heard a bird. The hurricane reaily trashed the area and alot of salvage logging was going on and it must pushed the birds out. I loaded up and went down to Eglin Air Force Base found alot of tracks but never heard a gobble. Locals told me pressure from hunting,that there quit gobbling. I never seen that before but for sure it was quiet. I believe next year I will try and learn the area better going in cold slowes a fellow down, but still I had a good time. Bill

Thats a shame Bill that you never saw a Gobbler.But hey you had a good time and thats what counts the most and there is always next season.

The season in my section of SC starts 4/1 - it's supposed to be raining like fury (complete with lightning) that day.
The good news is I've got 3 toms located - hopefully the rain won't move them. Saturday morning ought to be interesting.

12 more days!! I have 2 seasons and will be able to hunt about 5 days only though.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals. Kevin what dates have you taken off? So that I can tell the boss man when I will be back. I dont think that Mark will make it this year.

I have to get him a Id. Elk tag this fall if Oscar or someone else would be kind to let us hunt with them..??

Cam I leave the 13th after work, scouting the 14th and season starts the 15th which is Friday also hunting 16th 17th and the morning of the 18th which is Monday then coming home and back to work on the 19th of April.
I hooked the trailer up tonight to make sure the light connector was the same hookup on my Ranger so Im ready just waiting on the days to go alittle faster is all now.

April 15th to May 10th here in New Mexico. Dont know yet on how its going to be. The spring thaw is here, streams are running and the mud is getting deeper than the snow drifts. Might have to stick to the low lands awhile. Can't wait to get a little mud on the tires and some wild turkey on the smoker!

Well I had a pathetic opener. Drove 175 miles oneway and ran into rain, so I slept in the extended cab instead of the tent. Even though I am sawed off, it was not too comfy. Got up to 30mph winds and snow. Marched around for and hour and half. Saw a goshawk (which was pretty cool), but no turks. Learned not to use the flash when it is snowing. :rolleyes: Hell, I had to document what a stupid turkey hunter looks like in crappy conditions. :D
P1070258.JPG

Maybe bears next weekend will be more forgiving.

Why didn't you bag the goshawk? ;) Gotta help keep the sage 'chickens' from getting listed! :D Hopefully, I'll be able to hunt turkeys and bears next spring. Nada this year... :(

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back