Anybody seeing rabbits this year?

RidgeRoamingRichard

Since regular season closed, I've been chasing rabbits a fair deal. At this point, I think I've hunted harder for them than for my buck. While rabbit hunting, I've seen some massive bucks, grouse, weasels, squirrels, elk, foxes, out-of-staters, and soooo many coyotes. I've hunted them in the morning, midday, and even spotlighted at night, but haven't had much luck. Is anyone seeing rabbits or hares in mt thia year?

Yeah, too many of them. Cheyenne has a rabbit infestation LOL.

Yeah, they're destroying portions of my front yard in town. I have a 6ft by 30ft patch that's been chewed down to the crown and is absolutely covered with rabbit turds. Sometimes I look out there and there's 6 rabbits going to town on my lawn.

Time to start trapping some rabbits I think.

Yeah, they're destroying portions of my front yard in town. I have a 6ft by 30ft patch that's been chewed down to the crown and is absolutely covered with rabbit turds. Sometimes I look out there and there's 6 rabbits going to town on my lawn.

Outside of town I think the coyotes thinned them way down along with the prairie dogs.

I have them around the farm yard but there isn't many around once you get out and away from the shelter belt and buildings. This is in North Central MT. Around Helena same story. Around the house and yard but not out in the hills. Two of the farm rabbits ended up here. Delicious.

IMG_4613.jpg

Last edited:
I followed a mess of snowshoe tracks on saturday but never saw any. Transitioned to harassing the local pine squirrels which was quite a bit of fun even though I only shot 1

Nope, I've been blanked on bunnies any my area this year. There were lots of coyotes around this summer and fall though so they must have thinned them out pretty good.

I've seen foxes along the greenbelt in Laramie. I think they're swift foxes though.

I wiffed this year so far as well on my one outing... only saw a couple tracks. No squirrels either.

Been out once for bunnies and a couple times for coyotes..... In an area we used to be able to see dozens if not even hundreds of cottontails in the past, we saw ZERO. That said, the coyote numbers see ridiculously high this year in the Billings area.

The last several years here in my part of washington there has been a ton of snowshoe hares, but this year the population seems to have crashed hard.

how about a trapping and relocation plan to eastern montana,,,,, should be cheaper then sheep or elk,,,,,

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back