Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody hunt South America?

OntarioHunter

Since the problems with Russia have made an ibex hunt in that neck of the woods dicey, I am exploring hunting red stag in South America. Seems there's quite a variety of packages available from shooting an "estate" animal off the porch of 5-star lodge to tent camp and hunting free range animals from horseback.

Anybody have any experiences or advice to share?

I've hunted there once.

I really wanted a capybara and got one. Also got a couple hogs with dogs, blackbuck, fallow and water buff.

The capybara and pigs were free range, the others were estate. They had stags but I got a couple small spikes on a public land tahr hunt in NZ so I decided not to.

I'd go to La Pampa for stags and do it free range if you really want a hunt. My hunt was very short. I found a last minute deal, burned some airline miles and three weeks later I was hunting.

I hate cities and have found very few in the world I like. Buenos Aires is one of them.

I will find my favorite pic from the trip and post it. Sporting Classics ran my story on it about a year ago.

My best photo from my trip was when I ended up in the customs line next to this dude. I saw him at our gate in LAX but he looked tired and I didn't want to bother him. 12 hours later I chatted with him in line once we landed. Super nice dude, although he will always be the guy throwing knives at Antonio Banderas in Desperado to me.

That being said, go kill a stag, and if you see Danny tell him IdahoNick says hi. Screenshot_20220405-212404-884.png

Pm me if you want the outfit I used. They did a nice job and I believe they have a camp in La Pampa for stags.

No firsthand experiences to share, but I have heard that Hunting free ranging stag during the roar is a very good experience. Not going to have the giant racks that you see from high-fence places in New Zealand but I’m sure the experience is much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back