Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Any Rut Activity in East. Montana

Nope, I heard the deer decided to take the rut out of the hunting season, and were planning on starting Dec 1. ;)

This is my favorite time to hunt. The bucks are starting to travel looking for does, more so than being holed up with them.

Good luck on your hunt.

a little bit. WE killed a buck last Thursday that was sniffing a doe pretty hard the evening before. Next morning he was by himself. MY buddy is heading back Saturday for a week as he has a Bull elk tag.

Good luck they should be staring to get wound up.

Rutting hard in northcentral Montana...oh wait, are you talking deer? Sorry, nevermind.:D

Truthfully, not much going on yet. Heck, it's not even November yet.

Not really going yet!

Spent the last 3 days out sniffing arround for deer and shooting antelope.... The little bucks are still hanging with the does and are starting to spar pretty good. The "medium" size bucks are hanging in the vicinity of the does but not chasing them arround yet. The couple big boys I saw weren't far from the herds of does, but were keeping to themselves for the most part. Although I did see one SOLID 180" deer with a doe in the headlights last night.

This little guy was with a couple of does, but not showing much intrest. (Sorry for the quality, I took a picture of my television while playing back the tape.

Elkwhisper

Attachments

• alkalibuckw.JPG
    alkalibuckw.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 159
The pictures aren;t that great but they are from about 15 minutes ago through a spotting scope on my dining room table. The best three bucks are between 140 to 160. There are 9 bucks total and all of them are chasing the does around. The big three point looks like his neck is swelling pretty good. This is western Montana but should be doing the same in eastern part if the state.

Attachments

• smalldeer.jpg
    smalldeer.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 134
  • smalldeer2.jpg
    smalldeer2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 132
  • smalldeer3.jpg
    smalldeer3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 133
On Monday I was hunting in Unit 700 for deer and antelope(both successes).
I observed 2 3x3 bucks mounting does in areas separated by about 3 miles.
My hunting buddies also saw bucks chasing does and 1 mount. We saw numerous large bucks near the does, but not with the does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back