PEAX Equipment

Any other water/wastewater operators on HT?

dcopas78

I have been meaning to ask this on here for quite some time. I have been a water and wastewater operator for the past 14 years, with varied experience in municipal and industrial treatment. For the last 8 years I have been the superintendent of the water and wastewater systems for a city of 4500 people here in southern Ohio. I am just curious about other peoples systems and their contaminants of concern.

I run a Xylem ICEAS sequencing batch reactor with bio-nutrient removal. I also have ferric chloride treatment capabilities for a backup to bio-phosphorus removal. Phosphorus, as with many areas of the country, is a primary concern here now with the eutrophication that occurs in the Erie basin and the Gulf of Mexico. I am working on my Ohio Class IV license which is the highest class license I can get in the state. I also want to get a Master's in water resouce management, not necessarily for here but to hopefully make myself even more marketable for an eventual move out west :D

Two of my hunting buddies are in the industry. Not in the same capacity as you as they work for Bowen Engineering and Walsh. They build and or refurbish treatment plants as you may know and I am sure are aware of some of the same concerns.
I have sub-contracted with them from time to time in Northern Indiana building different buildings at the plants required by their designs.
I don't have any help for your questions but I do think it is an interesting field.

hey dcopas, I work at a campground in northern ohio and we have a small treatment plant. I techically don't have a class I liscence; I took the classes but the test was full and then our management said one operator on staff was enough. Our biggest concern is weekend camping doesn't provide enough waste to feed our system. Class IV is big-time, good luck with that testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back