Any new equipment ideas

Brock my wife would be jealous of your pearl necklace in the last picture:D Great idea by the way.

It is called PMI cord. I just did a little google search and I seen a few places you can get it a little cheaper than the .30 I paid for it at REI. They also said it will glow if exposed to light long enough but I have not tried that. What I like the most about it, is it keeps me from tripping on my tent ropes when it is dark.

I got a question....I won the Hunting maps from the BAYED....was out trying out yesterday and found it to be a couple hundred feet off...now is it the gps or the maps?

fyi here is the response I got from HuntingGPSmaps about my previous question on this thread
"If you are comparing your location to roads it is probably the map that is off and not the GPS. the roads and even the ownership are digitized from 1:100,000 scale maps and 1:24,000 scale maps, so 150 ft is not bad at all. The GPS is more accurate than the maps."

Most GPSs will display the amount of error they calculate or accuracy. That's one way to check if its the map or GPS. I know in No. UT one would generally get the best accuracy between 11a-2p as thats when the most satellites directly overhead.

Back