Any Lawyers?

Buckeye

Any of you lawyers? Alma Mater and area of practice? My son is looking at going to law school out west and I was trying to see if I could gather info from guys out there. So far he has Montana, Utah, Denver and Oregon on the list.

My brother finished law school at the U of M I think 3 years ago. Don't know much more than that. He sure was studying all the time. It's not a easy area of study. He now is teaching a criminal law class or something at the University in Fairbanks. I believe it is a good law school.
Funny side note is that he originally went to school to be a mechanic and did that. Then he started guiding raft trips in Alaska, then he decided he wanted to go to law school. I guess it's never to late to try something different. Good luck

I went to law school at the University of Idaho. Great program and an even better place to live.

My Wife finished her law degree at U of MT. It's an ok school, but MT does not have bar reciprocity with any other states. I would highly your son study in the state he would like to practice in, or at least transfer there during third year, as a visiting student.

Spitz, My roommate in 1993 at Farmhouse ended up going to Law School there as well.

to the OP. I'm sure the Law school can give you a breakdown of Alumni areas of practice.

http://www.uidaho.edu/law

Definitely there is an advantage to going to a law school in a state where you are willing to put down roots. Couple of reasons. First, the law you study will inevitably have a local flavor during discussions so will gain some insight in to state laws. Second, alumni provide a powerful support infrastructure as look for jobs or build your practice and the alumni will be concentrated near where the law school is located. My 2 cents.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back