Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any Hunttalkers around the Shelbyville, IL area?

SFC B

As some of you know I drew a limited tag for the Lake Shelbyville disabled vet hunt and will be there for the shotgun season next weekend. The buddy I am coming to hangout with me got pulled into work so I will be solo. I am staying in a cabin at the campground but wanted to see if anyone was in the area for a possible beer.

SFC B, good luck out there! It's getting close! I live about 40 minutes away, but I'll be about 2 hours south for firearms season. Do they have you at either Wolf or Eagle Creek? If I happen to tag out I'll try to stop by or get in touch.

I am about an hour away.Be glad to get together if it works out .safe travel.Rick
We check in on TH night and have meals there but are free in the evenings. PM me if you have an evening that would be better and if you know someplace in the area.

SFC B, good luck out there! It's getting close! I live about 40 minutes away, but I'll be about 2 hours south for firearms season. Do they have you at either Wolf or Eagle Creek? If I happen to tag out I'll try to stop by or get in touch.
We are staying at the Okaw Bluff group camp (cabins) and they are taking us to assigned blinds/stands. It is a structured deal. Since I think I will be one of the more mobile folks there I assume I will be in a ladder stand. I am planning on holding out the first two days for a shot at a nice buck and if not tagged out by Sunday going for some jerky meat :)

After I get done hunting I am picking the boy up at IU to bring him home for Thanksgiving too so it WILL be a win one way or another ;)

Not sure what day you'll be in Bloomington but if you end up waiting on your son I might be free. Also if you're running behind and want to possibly save some time there's a shuttle between Bloomington and the Indy airport.
shuttle link

Not sure what day you'll be in Bloomington but if you end up waiting on your son I might be free. Also if you're running behind and want to possibly save some time there's a shuttle between Bloomington and the Indy airport.
shuttle link
He takes that shuttle pretty regularly, he'll fly back from here and get back down to Bloomington that way. I am being flexible based on deer :) best case scenario would put me in Bloom on Saturday but that is up to the deer gods :)

Just wondering which way you are going once you leave Bloomington. I'm not TOO far from there, but if you are heading north to 80 and then west you'll be pretty dang close!

Just wondering which way you are going once you leave Bloomington. I'm not TOO far from there, but if you are heading north to 80 and then west you'll be pretty dang close!
It will be 70......I literally think I can drive it in my sleep. 80 is quite a bit out of the way.

It will be 70......I literally think I can drive it in my sleep. 80 is quite a bit out of the way.
A couple of months ago I drove a rental car that had the lane assist feature...pretty sure I did sleep some between Terre Haute and St. Louis.

Back