Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Any heavy equipment mechanics here?

I was an Air craft mechanic for many years. That skillset has translated to a false sense of I can work on pretty much anything lol. Jokes aside, even if he didnt stick with it forever its such an important skill to have. If I wanted to start all over again I would just Weld or work on or operate heavy equipment. The need for those people is so high right now its insane. The world needs skilled people that can do more then type on a keyboard.

A good heavy equipment field mechanic who pays attention can also transfer into sales in some dealerships. They can potentially make serious money ie: $250-400K I pointed out "field mechanic" because they will have proven themselves in several areas as being really good at what they do.

A good heavy equipment field mechanic who pays attention can also transfer into sales in some dealerships. They can potentially make serious money ie: $250-400K I pointed out "field mechanic" because they will have proven themselves in several areas as being really good at what they do.
Plus a good field mechanic is going to have built a rusted relationship with a big clientele base, so when they move into sales they have relationships to work with.

ive been there and done that for 38+ years now,,ive done well and now work for a major electrical utility on there fleet of equipment,,im done as much as posible on field mechanic and am in shop 90 pct of the time now.if they have a program out there id take them up on that,but keep your options open,,pay,conditions,and benefits vary alot,,but i think it will pay good for some time yet with a major shortage almost everywhere right now.

Yep. Perks to working for many companies as noted. Demand is high and supply is way low. Our ag dealership struggles constantly to find a diamond in the rough. If I were surfing that occupation pool I'd look at the Deutz engine division. They supply you with a truck to road service Deutz engine power units in all types of applications. Solid career choice with solid work ethic.

It's a good opportunity for certain. But as somebody who is an owner of deer equipment, I have a lot of issues with their corporate principals
As a short line dealer I would agree with this sentiment. I've witnessed Deere's ag division force solid single stores to sell to larger operations or face the hammer. Deere company makes it impossible to service their engine when it is used in another mfg piece of equipment. Got a tractor down on Sunday night of harvest? Good possibility you won't be able to fix without a weekend service call from the high priced Deere store. The dealerships do well but many of the farmers around me see through the BS. Though there are still some die hards that would still buy even if John Deere himself punched them in the nads on a daily basis.

As a short line dealer I would agree with this sentiment. I've witnessed Deere's ag division force solid single stores to sell to larger operations or face the hammer.
Deere did this with both the small dealers that were around us in the last couple years. One merged and one got the hammer. Sad because the one that lost there dealer rights were the best one to deal with, family owned and they really cared about doing right by you with parts etc.

Kid has a great thing in front of him. I know he loves and doesn't want to leave Montana. Can always come back. But, leaving the girlfriend... Conversations ahead. Thank you all you guys for the help and insight. It has been a great help to me. mtmuley

Kid has a great thing in front of him. I know he loves and doesn't want to leave Montana. Can always come back. But, leaving the girlfriend... Conversations ahead. Thank you all you guys for the help and insight. It has been a great help to me. mtmuley
Ahhh to be young again

Hell a good woman is worth as much as a good career...

Instead of a bunch of pm's, the deal is my son has an opportunity to enter schooling for John Deer mechanics and basically a guaranteed job at several dealerships once he is done. Seems like a solid and stable career, just wondered how others have done in the field. Thanks guys. mtmuley
Well I've been in field 40+ years great field just take care of self myself after numerous back surgery everything else broken they retired me out to pasture loved every minute of my job just now hard to stay out woods for hunt hurt all over and train on all brands not just deer

Active duty Army 91l Heavy Construction Equipment repair for 4 years. Girlfriend can go with him if they are serious.

My son-in-law (Dan) majored in diesel mechanics and hydraulics in high school. He first worked as a mobile mechanic for John Deere in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania for several years. Then he moved on to repair construction equipment such as front end loaders, bull dozers, and cranes. Now he works as a crane mechanic for the east coast harbors and other locations as well. He earns well over $100,000. per year. Skilled mechanics are in demand everywhere and earn good salaries.

TR

i dont know from personal experience, But I believe the mobile mechanics are doing quite well around montana these days. Especially around the bigger towns. Nobody knows how to fix there own stuff anymore so there is plenty of work to be had. Here in belgrade they have CASE, Kubota, Deere and a couple others around.

If i had a choice between them I would go with Case or Kubota.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back