MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any heavy equipment mechanics here?

mtmuley

A few questions for anyone that works on equipment. Specifically Deere, but any experience is welcome. mtmuley

Well, I work repair at a Cat plant so I may be able to help. Not a full fledged mechanic but close to it.

Instead of a bunch of pm's, the deal is my son has an opportunity to enter schooling for John Deer mechanics and basically a guaranteed job at several dealerships once he is done. Seems like a solid and stable career, just wondered how others have done in the field. Thanks guys. mtmuley

Instead of a bunch of pm's, the deal is my son has an opportunity to enter schooling for John Deer mechanics and basically a guaranteed job at several dealerships once he is done. Seems like a solid and stable career, just wondered how others have done in the field. Thanks guys. mtmuley
Do it. If it’s mt there’s a plan where the state even pays for half his tools in the first 2 years. Once he’s done with his apprenticeship the doors really open up. Don’t they pay him in school too? I’m pretty sure it’s pretty good pay too.

Plus even if he decides to leave Deere, having that experience gives him a one up against other candidates while applying at other jobs

There has been a critical shortage of qualified heavy equipment mechanics for many years. Nearly every CAT dealer has an apprentice program, My advise would be CAT, Deere and Komatsue & possibly Volvo. Very fun working with the big TOYS..."the only difference between men & boys is the size and price of the toys". There is also the contractor job opportunities after you get the creds to qualify.

Have no idea about your area, but here Ag techs are in very high demand. Deere is the number one ag equipment manufacturer in the world, so the demand should be stable. It all depends on the dealership group you work for though.

It's a good opportunity for certain. But as somebody who is an owner of deer equipment, I have a lot of issues with their corporate principals

Deere along with some others is getting hammered because they will not release the information to the farmer to let them repair or service their own equipment. They must use the dealer which raises number of availability questions. There is a pending lawsuit in Nebraska to remove this roadblock. Farm equipment mechanical skills do not really line up with heavy equipment mechanical skills very well.

Farm equipment mechanical skills do not really line up with heavy equipment mechanical skills very well.
Deere makes both, correct? And lawn mowers and garden tractors and... As far as corporate principals, what do you mean Cowboyleroy? mtmuley

Instead of a bunch of pm's, the deal is my son has an opportunity to enter schooling for John Deer mechanics and basically a guaranteed job at several dealerships once he is done. Seems like a solid and stable career, just wondered how others have done in the field. Thanks guys. mtmule

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back