Any GOT Viewers Here...

According to the cinematographer, we all just didnt have our TVs tuned right...seems kind of silly to me.

Tell ya what I thought it was pretty dark on my TV, and then I watched some clips on an LED TV and I was shocked. You couldnt see a thing. Glad I still have my plasma, the quality of blacks and contrasts they can show made a tremendous differnce.

Tell ya what I thought it was pretty dark on my TV, and then I watched some clips on an LED TV and I was shocked. You couldnt see a thing. Glad I still have my plasma, the quality of blacks and contrasts they can show made a tremendous differnce.
That's what every one is saying, I just have an led, and all I saw was black blobs and had to recognize voices to figure out who I was looking at! Waiting for someone to brighten the whole episode and post it haha

Didn't have a problem with the darkness myself. But it's absolutely true the show had a pacing problem as illustrated by the horse drawing. As great as the first few seasons were, they probably should have cut out some of the filler and move things along so that the final 3 seasons could be fleshed out better.

Didn't have a problem with the darkness myself. But it's absolutely true the show had a pacing problem as illustrated by the horse drawing. As great as the first few seasons were, they probably should have cut out some of the filler and move things along so that the final 3 seasons could be fleshed out better.

I think production costs, time, and the fact that the show is now way ahead of the books are all factors.

noharleyyet

Some here will not laugh perhaps but I know you will

I had no idea what GOT was, but it was explained to me. I have never seen the show, but in all fairness I am not a t.v. person.

However, now that I know what it is, I will share this. I have a 18 year old grandson that told me a while back that I should watch the show it was really good. However his mother told me why she thinks he likes the show. He has watched all the Emily Clarke scenes, some several times she said . LOL ( I may not have spelled her name right, as I dont know who she is )

O.K. sorry for the interruption, please return to your regularly scheduled show and critique of GOT

It was fine on my old plasma tv. I love the show I was hooked the first season.

I wish the books would have been finished before the TV series myself. However, at George R.R. Martin's writing pace, that would be 30 years from now :LOL: I'm always a "book then movie" type of person, but I am a fan of the show. I thought the last episode a tad dark too, but I understand the reasoning. The walkers and wights are creatures of the type of darkness you can "feel".

My wife is obsessed with this show. I have fallen asleep both times she has tried to get me to watch it. I just say TV makes me tired.
Then last night I stayed up until 1:30AM watching the Netflix series on Ted Kaczynski.

My wife is obsessed with this show. I have fallen asleep both times she has tried to get me to watch it. I just say TV makes me tired.
Then last night I stayed up until 1:30AM watching the Netflix series on Ted Kaczynski.

That’s a good series. Made me strangely sympathetic towards Kaczynski.

My fear is Martin dies before the books are completed... I have read him starting way before the series was probably considered for a show. I always had a love hate with his POV chapters

My fear is Martin dies before the books are completed... I have read him starting way before the series was probably considered for a show. I always had a love hate with his POV chapters

Oh that is definitely gonna happen...maybe once Martin dies the estate will get Brian Sanderson to come in and finish up the series. 1. Sanderson is a writing machine and 2. He did, in my opinion, a great job finishing The Wheel of Time series when Jordan passed.

For the record they have done an amazing job with the TV series. The Character building is right up there in the top three series all time, top five for sure.. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back