Any early word on Ontario fishing?

Any new info out there on when the US/Canadian border may open? My son and I are booked for a late June fly-in fishing trip and just wondering what others have been hearing.
Around may 21 is what I have been hearing for border reopening. However, Reading on Facebook some of the BWCA outfitteers that also go into Quetico on the Canada side are saying Quetico Park will reopen may 31. I’m not sure if that means the park is actually closed entirely or just the outfitters cannot access it because they aren’t allowing border crossing but will after that day.
We go to Sioux Narrows in June and August. It looks like August will be out because schools here in Iowa are being allowed to go back early to make up for lost time this Spring. I hope we don’t lose June too!

Any new info out there on when the US/Canadian border may open? My son and I are booked for a late June fly-in fishing trip and just wondering what others have been hearing.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Were seriously considering closing the border and airspace to Americans for at least a year. the EU and Australians are also thinking about it too. Until theres new leadership and Covid-19 is under control there. These are the repercussions of them not taking this pandemic seriously

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Were seriously considering closing the border and airspace to Americans for at least a year. the EU and Australians are also thinking about it too. Until theres new leadership and Covid-19 is under control there. These are the repercussions of them not taking this pandemic seriously

Well, the area of ON we fish needs our money more than we need their fish, so I guess we all lose. As for "seriously", US has done more locking down than a number of EU nations so guess that is in the eye of the beholder.

A Canadian questioning any other country's leadership is questionable in itself right now.

I think this fair. Honestly I cant undertand how any country would consider allowing travel from another county with a high or higher per capita infection rate at this point in time.

I think this fair. Honestly I cant undertand how any country would consider allowing travel from another county with a high or higher per capita infection rate at this point in time.

"Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Were [sic ] seriously considering closing the border and airspace to Americans for at least a year. the EU and Australians are also thinking about it too. . . Until . . . Covid-19 is under control there." is fair.

"Until theres [sic] new leadership . . . there" and "These are the repercussions of them not taking this pandemic seriously." is arrogant.

I booked a walleye trip to Canada for the second week of June. As of right now the boarders are closed to nonessential travel, and as of right now the premier for Ontario has express the desire to keep the board crossing closer for an extended period.

"Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Were [sic ] seriously considering closing the border and airspace to Americans for at least a year. the EU and Australians are also thinking about it too. . . Until . . . Covid-19 is under control there." is fair.

"Until theres [sic] new leadership . . . there" and "These are the repercussions of them not taking this pandemic seriously." is arrogant.

With the self pontification that comes out of the White House every day are we really in any position to call anybody else arrogant?

With the self pontification that comes out of the White House every day are we really in any position to call anybody else arrogant?
I was not talking about distant politicians on either side is the political spectrum or border, I was talking about comments by a forum member on this thread, so yes I can.

I was not talking about distant politicians on either side is the political spectrum or border, I was talking about comments by a forum member on this thread, so yes I can.

No more arrogant then thinking people need your money bad enough to put their own communitys at risk.

To be fair to @Rainer that does seem to be the stance taken by the Trudeau administration. 🤷‍♂️

June 21 looks like the new day to reopen the border. Our first trip was to begin the 20th.

Looks like it is now extended to at least June 21 but made no mentioning of opening at that point (they are just doing rolling 30-day extensions). The Ontario PM said he doesn't want Americans at all for an extended period. My guess is the odds of our June 25th trip happening are less than 20% at this point.

What do you plan to do if you can’t go? I’m sure all the popular MN Walleye lakes will be loaded with boats. We went to voyageurs national park every year when I was a child and have thought about going there, but I enjoy Canada because we can go all day without seeing another boat most days. My dad seems to think he might be able to get into Canada since he is a cabin/property owner. I doubt that he will, and it does me no good if I can’t get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back