Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Any bugling in Montana yet?

Firedancer

I spotted a shooter bull last night at about 1400 yards right at dark. He had 6 cows with him. Just for fun I bugled at him and he looked up but did nothing. I threw a couple cow calls and same thing. Is anyone getting any responses. I was hunting in the Helena area.

I was hunting a nasty pocket about 3.5 miles off the trailhead last Saturday and heard (I think...) 4 different bulls. One bull was bugling from his bed at 1:00PM (which of course led me to bust in and make sure he ran to the next county). One thing I have noticed is that probably 80% of the bugling I have heard so far has been before 8:30AM. Good luck this weekend!

I was in the gates this weekend and the only bugling was asking 4:30am and one or two right before dark but it was really hot last weekend. Should only get better from here my friend!

I've heard bugling since the 3rd. Hunting buddy had an awesome report from Thursday and Friday, said in two days there wasn't 15 minutes went by he didn't hear a bugle...

I was hunting a nasty pocket about 3.5 miles off the trailhead last Saturday and heard (I think...) 4 different bulls. One bull was bugling from his bed at 1:00PM (which of course led me to bust in and make sure he ran to the next county). One thing I have noticed is that probably 80% of the bugling I have heard so far has been before 8:30AM. Good luck this weekend!

Hear in Colorado I received a phone call at 23:45, when I went outside to get better reception I could hear a bull bugling. Pretty awesome!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back