Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Any Bobcat Slayers Here?

"Manage to call one up now and then" pretty much describes me. I only occasionally target bobcat specifically, and usually don't succeed when I do. Almost all the bobcats I've called have been "accidents", while trying to call coyotes.

My impression is that they really aren't any harder to call than coyotes, but do require more patience and attention. And of course, you have to be calling where they are.

- DAA

Hey DAA!!! I'm just up the road from you (Clinton, UT). I was wondering if you would mind if I tagged along when you go calling sometime? I'm not interested in being the shooter per se, but would like to see how it's done.

1pt, we might be able to do something like that sometime. I don't get to go out much anymore, and am trying to talk a couple guys into letting me tag along with them
, but we can see how things shake out this winter.

- DAA

I love trying to kill bobcats but there is only one problem... here in az it takes 2 guys unless you have an electronic call. I mostly hunt by myself so when I see them I cant get the gun ready..... Half the time when i call them in I dont see them till I get up and move to another spot.. they blend in real well....

Texas is the bobcat capitol of the world..... There are tons there

Delw

there are a ton of them up at big tuskers place. ive never seen so many in one weekend.wanna see alot make plans now for next years hog hunt.

I don't think we'll have much luck with road hunting them, though, Tim. If we were to do a lot of walking with stopping and calling once in a while, and be camo'ed up well, we'd probably do great there. We saw more bobcat there than I have in the whole rest of my life, and I've spent a lot of time in the woods and desert - it's just that they didn't give us much time for a shot from the Huntmobile.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back