Caribou Gear

Anxiously awaiting Wyoming Non-Res elk drawing results...

Struck out here. No surprise on my bull tag but thought I'd draw my type 6. Oh well c'mon New Mexico.

Looks like a ton more people jumped in on that one this year. I wonder how many understand the restrictions that go with that tag.

So disappointed. Thought we would draw because we had enough points (more than enough points) in every year prior to this for the tags we wanted. Point creep must be bad in the unit we targeted.

The year of the ELK for me!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson Hole here I come. Drew 78 with 7 points! I didn't see that coming. Good Luck everyone.

I hope BrentD got my permit. I would like to postpone hearing about his golf/gerbil hunts for another year.

No tag and no point. Looks like we get to purchase the point separate as was predicted.

Congrats to Flatrock on a good tag! Looking forward to the pics.

Was hoping for beginners luck. General license in the regular draw with 1 point got me a nice refund. Hopefully next year! Looking forward to seeing how the draw odds changed.

My first ever elk application- unsuccessful... not even a cow tag. I spent hours and hours doing research in an attempt to bring momma home some meat, and got nothing. Oh well, guess I'll try something else. I'm a newbie, so if anyone has pointers for me to get a cow tag with decent odds I'm all ears! Good luck to all!!

Am I reading the drawing odds correct? Nonresident regular PP draw, GEN Area, 2 preference points had a 27.16% chance this year down from 58.43% last year?!?!?!?

Special license (GEN) with 1 preference point dropped to 17.56% this year, down from 97% last year!!! Wow, that's a big drop!

Just checked my results. Holy crap I drew a 100-1 tag in the random!!!!!!!

Also, I've never been in the unit before. Anybody have some honeyholes they want to share???

Well, we might see you out there......buddy and I drew also with Max points. Was hoping my dad would draw and not me, but oh well. Guess we will have to live with it and figure out the unit for his future hunt. 😉

Drew in party app special draw. Hoping to get the elk monkey off my back this year. I have elk hunted twice, Az and ID with no success. I have helped with 5 elk recoveries and pack outs and not one of them being mine, lol. Hope to change that in September. Time to start getting in shape soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back