Antler Shelf Pics (shed antlers)

Woodrow

This is a shelf I just built in our soon-to-be son's room using whitetail shed antlers. 2 of the 4 antlers were bleached white due to age, so I stained them. They would have turned out great if I hadn't screwed up and used a wood glue (to fill in cracks in the antlers) that didn't take stain...I ended up having to re-apply to certain areas (inside and outside of main beam mainly) and the end result didn't look as natural as it would have if I hadn't screwed up. I used a method posted by Browtine I believe.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the end result b/c it was 100% my idea and work...oh, and it came out level!

AntlerShelf003.jpg

AntlerShelf004.jpg

AntlerShelf002.jpg

AntlerShelf001.jpg

AntlerShelf010.jpg

AntlerShelf009.jpg

AntlerShelf008.jpg

AntlerShelf007.jpg

AntlerShelf006.jpg

As much as I hate to see tines cut off bone..............those are some pretty sweet shelves.

As much as I hate to see tines cut off bone..............those are some pretty sweet shelves.

Thanks...and trust me, I hated doing it...BAD!...but it was the only way I could think of to make it level. And I had to cut that one brow tine off b/c of the door frame (that is where the wall stud was).

Awesome. thats not bad to cut it off for that reason. Looks like it turned out well !!! Kudos man !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back