Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Antelope Shoulder Mounts

Interested in seeing the different antelope mounts. Thinking about adding an antelope to the house and looking for ideas. Post images below. Thanks!

only one I have

Attachments

• IMG_6721a.jpg
    IMG_6721a.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,997
Here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 1,789
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,824
  • IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,877
I like the wall pedestal mounts.

pronghorn2.jpg

pronghorn4.jpg

Mounted this one about 7 yrs ago, one of my all time favorite mounts.

Attachments

• 32257_555651753043_1720953_n.jpg
    32257_555651753043_1720953_n.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,829
Daughter's first antelope. We just had the taxidermist do the shoulder mount and we added the rest ourselves, purchased from McKenzie Taxidermy supplies.

Attachments

• NCM_1904.JPG
    NCM_1904.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,741
Look back on old threads, there have been some cool ones on here. A true pedestal mount on a pedestal is very cool IMO. I think Big Fin had a fine collection posted one time.

Last edited:
Antelope mounts are some of my favorite. The colors are beautiful and can fit in well without being over bearing. Just a beautiful animal. Here are a couple of mine mixed in with some deer. Was moving and decided this would be a good place to get all of them in one picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2101Web.jpg
    IMG_2101Web.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 1,684
I have two shoulder mounts on the wall, but I think pronghorn are far better displayed on pedestals. Some different angles of the three shoulder mounts I have on pedestals.

IMG_2580-001.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

IMG_4477-1.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

Man I love the antelope mounts!! I'm regretting not getting mine done this fall. It wasn't the biggest buck, but it sure had a pretty cape. I've got a handful of Wyoming points and when I burn those, I plan getting one done. It will just give me time to make a walnut pedestal like Randy's.

I would agree that the pedestal mounts are great. That will me the next one I do.

I like my floor pedestal as well, but looking back I think he would have looked better elevated on the wall, but I always want to be able to pivot him as the room requires it and be able to take a look at him from behind which is impossible on the wall. things to ponder for sure.

Attachments

• antelope.jpg
    antelope.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,432
My favorite is either wall or base pedestal mounts. They show off a little more of antelopes shoulder and put a little more life into a mount than a regular form that is flat against the wall. Do a search for taxidermy supply catalogs and you'll find what forms are available with different poses. They usually have photos showing forms and antelope mounted on those forms. If you plan on a pedestal mount make sure to keep plenty of back, belly, and shoulder on the cape. I usually tube the legs so there aren't any cuts on the legs with plenty of leg left on the cape. My cut is about 3/4 the way back towards the hind quarters around the back/belly. If you ask any taxidermist they would prefer too much cape than too little!

I generally wait until I harvest to pick a form so I can show case the bucks best features. Bucks with super long prongs I may mount on a form with a lot more turn. Super tall bucks I may have a straighter pose. A good taxidermist can also alter a form to get the exact pose you are looking for.

Those pedestals are great. Would like to have one someday. I've got a few normal shoulder mounts, one in a "sneak".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,013
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back