Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another Training Day in MT

thecrittergitter

Well, as sad as it is, i've been slacking in the training department for the two upcoming killers this fall. Finally got them out again last night only to have a big downpour come in about 30 minutes into our sit. I have sure had some enjoyable and downright awesome days in the field this fall, but these simple nights with the boys just seem to be the best:D

Working on the "you cant say shoot it to every single animal that walks by" for them;) They talked me into shooting a raccoon the last time we sat and last night they were trying to convince me to shoot a barn cat that was catching mice under our stand;) Man, i do hate cats though..............lol

Attachments

• climbing in.jpg
    climbing in.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 400
  • Training 1.jpg
    Training 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 401
  • Training 2.jpg
    Training 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 395
Great job Matt! You'll never regret taking the time for "training." Before you know it they'll be dragging you around to their favorite spots.

They talked me into shooting a raccoon the last time we sat and last night they were trying to convince me to shoot a barn cat that was catching mice under our stand;) ......

I am laughing my butt off after reading that one. Because it is just flat out funny and because everyone of us were the exact same way when we were the age of these youngsters. I remember eating a coot that my Dad let me shoot. His rule was if you shoot it, you eat. I would have eaten a skunk it he would have let me hunt them. I did eat a few sparrows and red squirrels and would not recommend them to anyone.

Classic American experience right there. At least for the part of America I grew up in. Hilarious Critter.

LOL, fantastic pics! Perma-grins! Those kids sure do enjoy being out with their dad hunting; great job teaching them right, tcg. Watch out MT when they are old enough to have a tag! :D

I did eat a few sparrows and red squirrels and would not recommend them to anyone.

Funny stuff Big Fin. We've eaten a robin and a red squirrel here under that same mentality. :) The kids were having a hoot about having robin meat for supper.

That brought back huge memories for the wife and I! We had all 4 boys from ages 2-8 in my archery antelope blind once on video. You will not believe how fast time passes from here.. Congrats and enjoy every moment. Thanks for the pics and story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back