Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another Stag success

devon deer

I thought I would stay in bed a bit longer today and change tactics, the reds around me are renowned for coming at at very last light and going back to bed at very first light.
But yesterday there was a freezing cold easterly wind, I figured that on a nice warm sunny day like today they would be enjoying the warmth.
Unusual for me I was right, 6 big stags, I shot this one, 140 yards, double lung, 80 grain.
They all ran around, re-grouped then returned to look at their recently deceased friend.
I had re-loaded, but they were all skylines so had to pass, back on it tomorrow.
This one went to the game dealers.
Sorry for the blood, it was taking too long to expire so I finished it off.
IMG_20220308_113325995_HDR.jpg

I've been missing your UK reports. Glad to hear that you have been able to get out and after them again. That stag is a beauty. 80 grains? I am guessing that you shot it with your .243 win.? I can't believe you passed on taking the .308 for a walk. :)

Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bit!

Just a side note, how are your petrol prices lately? May need to take a few more of those to the dealer! ;)

Thanks chaps
Yes .243, I agree I need to take the .308 out, I loaded 50 rounds for it yesterday, so no excuse.
80 grain TTSX Barnes
Dave is correct, Game Dealer, buys all the venison we can supply, I appreciate that goes against the grain of the subsistence hunting you have in the US
Petrol went over $10/gallon today
Trophy ban, it looks like it will be coming in, but at what level we have no idea, see this link
Cheers
Richard

in new Zealand our petrol in 3 dollars per litre, so that's like 13 plus for a gallon
Back into the hunting full bore now richard

Ok got to ask. What do you call that critter. Looks like a cross between a whitetail and a near sighted bull elk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back