Another reminder why you are armed in the woods at all times anymore!

When I lived in Bonner, MT, the bums would live on the mountain behind my house from April through October. This is very much what their camps looked like. The pagan-heads-on-pikes feel, weird signs, etc. Though, they left their excrement and garbage everywhere too. That one looks clean.

What a PITA for Law Enforcement to deal with, but it must be done.

Read the title of the thread.

hmm, title seems the same as before

i mean if someone in this thread's story was shot in the forest at their campsite while being non-threatening and unemployed... then you might have a point

otherwise your comment was just kinda silly

When I lived in Bonner, MT, the bums would live on the mountain behind my house from April through October. This is very much what their camps looked like. The pagan-heads-on-pikes feel, weird signs, etc. Though, they left their excrement and garbage everywhere too. That one looks clean.

What a PITA for Law Enforcement to deal with, but it must be done.
In my day, they lived way back in Hellgate. I can imagine the mess that would pile up.

I’ve run across a couple of meth labs in out of the way areas in AZ, 6a and 6b. Called it in both times. Once my father came across one and was paralleled by a guy with an AK for about a mile. Called that one in too.

You would not believe the crap folks take camping,even in designated sites. The crap they leave behind is a daily mountain.

There are non-essentials camped everywhere right now. I’m not going to start carrying a gun to shoot the unemployed.

That is one of the dumbest statements that I have read lately. Nobody would use a gun unless they were threatened. This apparently is not just your common unemployed "non-essential". SMDH!

You would not believe the crap folks take camping,even in designated sites. The crap they leave behind is a daily mountain.
This reminds me of the most unique campsite I ever encountered when I was a backcountry ranger. I walked in to check on a popular site that is 1.5 miles from the road and about 800 vertical feet up. When I walked into the site, there were 3 or 4 tents set up and a large group of young men sitting around the fire. They were stringing all of their empty beer cans on rope between trees and there must have been at least 100 hanging there. There were several pictures of naked women, ripped out of a magazine and stuck into trees with knives. Their (huge) pile of food was in a giant heap on the ground (there are tons of bears in this area). Apparently, a chipmunk had been raiding their food cache, so they'd built a dead-fall trap out of rocks, which they'd baited with at least two pounds of cooked ramen noodles. The trigger was tied to a string, which led to where they were sitting around the fire.
I told them to pull the knives and clean up the ramen noodles, taught them what a bear bag is (they'd never heard of the concept), lent them a rope so they could do it and asked them to please make sure the site was clean when they left the next day. When I returned the next day, the site was empty, immaculately clean and my rope was coiled neatly on a rock for me.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back