Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Another Mystery Ranch Question

bigeasygator

All,

Just went ahead and got a Crew Cab and added the Day Pack Lid to it. Here's my question.

I see the Crew Cab is listed on both the Mystery Ranch Day Pack and Expedition pages and read how it can be expanded to essentially a 5,000 ci pack (it's 1,900 ci in it's day pack form). Do I need additional attachments to do this? Anyone use the CC as an extended stay expedition pack?

I've got a 7-day high country mule deer hunt in Colorado coming up and I have an Eberlestock Blue Widow that I intended on using. I'd like to give the MR a go, but wasn't sure what I needed to convert the Crew Cab to an extended stay pack. I'm probably gonna just splurge on the 6500 here and use that, but I'm still curious if anyone can answer this about the Crew Cab (as I couldn't really find any info on using it as an expedition pack). Thanks in advance!

I'm a Longbow guy, but the load cells get you to 5000 cu in I believe. They sit in the inside of the vertical pockets.

Basically, the vertical pockets roll out to become side pockets, the load cells(see below)sit on top of the collapsable shelf on the bottom of the pack, and the bigger panel type pocket holds the load cells tight to the frame.

MR sells the 'load cells', but I bought a $30 roll top dry bag at REI that fills the spot perfectly. Not as cool looking but it works.

I also have the 6500 bag, in my experience, it's way more convenient and comfortable to carry larger loads in.

dustinf summed it up well. The way that it transforms is due to the "pack" on the outerside of the cargo area. The pack, verticle pockets and day lid provide quick access to items. The cargo area is the open protion "crew cab" of the backpack. This is where you can tote your meat quarters, treestands, kids and your gear.

Like dustinf, I opted to use a different solution to the load cells. I use 3 Exped Shrink Bags-XS to sort my gear. These are water resistant, lightweight, and provide ample storage for my gear.

IdahoHunt2010_Sep172010_0229.jpg

IdahoHunt2010_Sep172010_0227.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back