Another levergun on the bench

Hope it's not getting the tacticool treatment
🤢
Slim the forestock, some furniture polish, bluing, maybe a new recoil pad.
Those buttplates, traditional as they are, are just not a lot of fun!
Get it slicked up, add a big loop, color case harden the receiver, and have all the other metal done in a rich blue.
That would look slick!
No matter what it’s going to be a beautiful rifle….unless you paint it pink and cover it in glitter🤦‍♂️ Nahhhh you wouldn’t do that! Can’t wait for the finished pics!
It's safe to say it won't be turning into a unicorns 2nd horn..
Kind of wish I had an old lever action to send your way.
Find one!

Definitely slim the fore-end.

I will say there is something already cool about the look of a well used lever gun.

Looking forward to this.

I'm definitely going to be following this. Love me some old lever actions. I shot my first couple of deer with a Marlin 336. My father in law has an old Winchester in .32 special. Very cool gun.

I definitely want to follow along - my Dad gifted me a .30-30 I want to get ready for some hunting up here in Alaska. Want to get a Caribou with it for sure. He was trying to make me happy because I found out he got rid of my Great Grandpa's converted .30-30. He never liked it because the action wasn't smooth and apparently never thought to ask if I wanted it. So to help me feel better he gifted me another .30-30.

Definitely want to see how you help out that Marlin!

I know that some are purists and will disagree, but I like good checkering on a lever gun. Big lever loop. Peep sights of some sort, especially if they are of the backup variety to a quick detach low-pro/low power scope
The checkering on the '86 Deluxe models is 🤌

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back