Another guy from Washington

Elkfuler

I'm from small town(s) in E. Washington - currently Prosser for last 20 years. I'm 60. Been hunting since 13 years old and mostly limited to WA but have hunted elk in Idaho a few times both before and after wolf introduction. Before was much better!! One DIY moose hunt to AK in 94 was awesome. Lived two years in CO and got one nice buck. Here in WA I've been fortunate to have drawn both sheep and moose tags and had success on very nice animals. I've got a few (7) elk points and a few (6) pronghorn points built up in WY and plan to apply for 2023. I'm still in great shape but am still 60 so am feeling the years some days. Between aging and near future likely changes to the NR tags in WY.... it's time! Been listening to Randy's podcasts for some time now, watching the occasional YouTube vid and finally spending some time here on this forum these last few months so thought I'd go ahead and register and say hi.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! Theres some great threads on this site and good suggestions on different aspects, issues to research while trying to figure out a decent course of action. Having never hunted WY I'm going from scratch but hopefully can get stuff figured out a bit more within the next 6 weeks. Any hunt in WY will very likely be heads and tails beyond what WA generally offers.

Elkfuler ,

Welcome again. Any chance you can post the Wa moose and sheep pics?
Here you go. Both are once in a lifetime tags here in WA but you likely already know that. Ram I got in 2000, bull was 2010. So, of course, I was sure to draw a goat tag on 2020.......... not. I'm sure I have field pics of my moose but can't find em right now.

Attachments

• 20221112_154832.jpg
    20221112_154832.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • sheeppic4.jpg
    sheeppic4.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 10
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members