Another gear question

noharleyyet

One of OYOA's sponsors, Kenetrek boots look like quality stuff...what say ye? Where's Oak? He's a first rate gear guru.

One of OYOA's sponsors, Kenetrek boots look like quality stuff...what say ye? Where's Oak? He's a first rate gear guru.

I think he is out hunting in his Kenetrek boots. :D

I have a pair of Mountain Extremes. Had them for two years. They are the best boots I have ever had for mountain hunting. My feet never get cold, and they wear really good. They are light and have great ankle support.

If you are looking for a good mountain boot, that is one I would consider.

Oak might chime in after he slays his Coues deer.

Does the sizing run close to other boots...like Danner's for instance?

thanks..

I wear a 10.5 in Danner and am getting the Mountain Extreme in 11. They seem to run just a touch smaller. I can't wait to try mine out. Fin and another friend of mine both swear by them. Maybe I can use them this August on a Dall hunt. Actually Spring bear is going to be the first hunt.

does anyone know how they compare to the Schnee's--that's what I've used for at least the last 15yrs--mountains in Idaho, CA, NV, Montana and NWT and they've held up well, but I'm always up for an upgrade if enough say they're better......chris

Thanks of the input fellows...buying spendy footwear online induces pucker on this country boy.

Everybodys feet are different. Personally I wouldn't buy a boot on line that I can't try on first unless they have a satisfaction gaurantee or money back sort of thing. But even then you generally still have to pay shipping. I am curious about these boots as well. I need to see if they are available somewhere around Boise.

Boot review

Well, I took Lawnboy's advice and ordered a half size larger than my usual. The Mt Extreme 400's feel great...good fit with no heel slippage and toe box is just the right size to prevent toe bang. Good support, quality leather, tongue is soft w/ no pinch points.

..as advertised IMO.

I have a pair of the Mountain Extremes on my feet right now. That being said, when I head up the mountain I put on my Lowas.

I have a pair of the Mountain Extremes on my feet right now. That being said, when I head up the mountain I put on my Lowas.

What are some of the differences you find between your Lowas and the Kenetreks? Understanding that everyones feet are different. Just your honest feelings.

Hunter GTX Extremes? They look similar to the Kenetreks...or vice versa probably.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back