Announcing the New Jersey Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Chapter

Footanklefxr

I am very pleased to announce that New Jersey finally will have a BHA Chapter. Our First Pint Night will be held on July 25th. All are welcome. NJ Pint Night Instagram Post.jpg
Please contact me with any questions.
Cheers,
Gerald

That is awesome, just left NJ for NM last year. Great timing for a chapter there with the new governor and the general public not understanding game management. Good luck guys and glad y'all are pushing this effort, a lot of interesting ideas are tossed around up there and there needs to be a scientific voice of reason

Awesome picture too I do miss all of the Lilly pads and cover to fish up there. Those Lilly's are just begging a weightless senko to be tossed out or a frog zipped over. Damn I need to fish soon. Only downside about moving here(I live in the desert now but love it)

Great to see sportsmen not giving up on hunting / fishing and land stewardship in the Garden State.
We will face either growing ignorance or a reversal with the new Governor being such a lefty.
The pine barrens are a special kind of beautiful, but wild is where you find it.

Gerald...........thanks for doing something

It is great and fortunately NJ does have a quite a history with hunting especially waterfowling and there are a lot of hunters in the state.
Unfortunately the state gov could care less about game and habitat management unless there is a feel good story about saving bears involved. Besides the gov being allowed to appoint F&G directors to suit him hunting is just not a big part of the economy and they do not allocate much resource to habitat or game conservation/enforcement.

I can see a sportmens volunteer origination having a greater impact than NJ F&W.(I've actually never seen a game warden or conservation officer my entire time in NJ, I've had GW on night patrol in TX checking my fishing license at 2 am before, some states really care about their game)

I do love the pinelands, saw an albino buck in there a few years ago it was almost spiritual

Last edited:
Does my heart good to see a NJ chapter of BHA. Who woulda thunk it? I fished the Musky once and was delighted in what a lovely trout stream it is, only a couple hours from the airport in Newark. Good luck and welcome!

I started as an adult onset hunter in NJ, going after squirrels on Hamburg MT (?), then deer in the Great Swamp.

Good luck.

Back