Anglers Round Table: When would you like it to be? June 17 at 6 pm is a POSSIBLE

Delw

Anglers Round Table: When would you like it to be? June 17 at 6 pm is a POSSIBLE date/time.
Date: 05 May 2002
Time: 11:53:56
Remote Name: 130.13.174.17

Comments
See Da's post below for background about some of the issues that would or could be discussed at the next Round Table. For those who do not know what a Round Table is, I will describe it as an open forum at which some AGFD folks meet with interested anglers to discuss fisheries related issues. The village idiots who coordinate the Round Tables are yours truly and Larry Riley, who heads our sportfish management program. Round Tables are intended to be low key events open to anyone, for discussion of (1) items on a meeting agenda), and (2) time permitting, anything else someone wants to bring up under "Other Business." We try to attract warmwater and coldwater anglers.

One serious issue is, "What time and place is best for the meeting?" Our focus is on choosing central locations, with a time that is OK for us and which respects the target audience's interests. Our AGFD Wildlife Building at the State Fairgrounds seems to be reasonably central, but if you have other location ideas please post them.

As for time (and day), we held the last one on a Wed night at 7 pm and talked till after 10 pm. I'm thinking Wed night is bad now, because of tournaments. So, I am LEANING toward Mon June 17 for the next Round Table, with a start-up time of 6 pm so people can get home, or on the water, at a semireasonable hour.

I've chosen June 17 as a TENTATIVE date because neither Larry nor I had an available May date when last we spoke about this, and June 17 is our first POSSIBLE available date in June.

Now I need to know how that POTENTIAL date and time and place work for you folks: June 17, 6 pm, State Fairgrounds at the AGFD Wildlife Building. A possible alternative would be to have the meeting at Saguaro Lake, or at our Mesa Region 6 Office, if they have space available. This would possibly promote before or after meeting fishing, which might be a nice combination.

Again, I'd like to hear comment on date, time, and place from you folks. Da has already nicely (thanks again, Da) summarized some of the many agenda items (see Action Items post below) that we could cover in whatever time we have at the Round Table.

I hope to see a lot of posts on this, because the Round Tables are intended to involve you folks in helping us manage your fisheries resources. Good fishing, Samario (Terry B. Johnson, AGFD Chief of Nongame and Endangered Wildlife -- who does not post under any name other than Samario)

this was a cut and paste for some of you guys that might be interested....

Delw

Hi Del,

I replied to the post, but I'll reiterate it here. I like the central location. I also like the part where Samario was questioning if this might be a place to meet up for a night fishing trip! I'm game for both!

Del, you keep telling me about this awesome night bite. I guess you're just going to have to prove it to me! :D

June 17th is my Son's 13th Bday, but I'm sure I can have the party done by the meeting time. Again, I'm all for it and can't wait for the meeting.

John

Night fishing in the summer is always good... on pretty much anylake in AZ.. the hotter it gets the better it gets....
I know a few people that do great tossing buzzbaits and spooks as well as cranks and other topwater baits...
I prefer flipping the banks pretty much all year..
I have fished at night in the winter time and while the fishing is pretty good you dont catch the numbers like you do in the summer....

Delw

Percoset? oh that's good stuff! i'm on Vicodin now, it's a step under percoset, but still fun.

opps sorry, we're supposed to be discussing the roundtable, my bad. When ever I hear talk about prescription drugs my mind gets in a tizzy.

I game for any time and place. Night fishing mat not be possible for me, but if i can get a DEFINATE time and place a week or two in advance then that gives me time to work it over with my wife(i.e. doing chores).

Please keep us posted.

Delw, why isn't Samario(Terry) over here yet? and is he any relation to "Topwater Terry" on AZbasspro?

Samario signed up on the board a while ago.. I wish he would get over here it would be a better place for his posts....

No he is not topwater terry..

EMail samario and put a bug in his ear to come over...

Delw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back