Caribou Gear

Analysis paralysis

Chris g

After a few weeks and a bunch of research into a Wyoming deer hunt this year with zero points I’m stuck! Lol every time I seem to come to a conclusion that this might be a good spot my research leads me to something negative about said unit! I’m thinking about letting my wife pick with a blindfold on 🤣! Anyone been here before

It’s tough wish I lived closer tried convincing my wife of that also lol no luck! Can’t imagine 30 years ago trying to plan this stuff pretty fortunate to have all this information at my fingertips! We put in for Montana and didn’t draw I’ve been there 3 years in a row was surprised we didn’t draw with everything going on but it will be awesome to see some new country I’ve never been to Wyoming before so if nothing else it’ll be a great hiking trip🤣

Seems logical to find mixed reviews on zero point units. If it was all rainbows and ice cream they wouldn’t be zero point units.

You’ll have a fun time exploring whatever unit you choose as long as your expectations are realistic.

Absolutely! killing something is just the cherry on top to me I love seeing the beautiful country and getting away from vehicles lol

This held me up from jumping into the out west hunting game for years. Finally I just did it and had an outstanding hunt! Just look at it this way, every designated GMU you are looking at has animals in it, you just have to find them. Yes some units will be harder the. Others with public/private access, but just go.

Enough research on the web and on hunting forums will have you believing there are no good units to hunt and no animals to be found.
I have hunted zero point/otc units for deer and elk that get completely railroaded with negativity, but I have always had good hunts and found plenty of game to chase.
Go with what your research is telling you and take all the negative aspects with a grain of salt and enjoy your hunt.

Thanks guys for all the input! think I might just do a region d tag and hopefully pick up a antelope doe tag for fun and see what happens! I like the way the country looks there and seems possible to get away from people we’ll see what happens!! Super excited to get out there and put some boots on the ground!!! Wish today was October 15th🤣🤣

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back