Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Americas top long-range Shooting School

There are others that do as well. A gunsmith in Missouri is one that hosts classes every so often, mostly for long range muzzleloading.

I find match shooting to be very instructional in the extreme, so that's what I do, travel around to shoot matches. Great fun, learn a lot, meet interesting people. Sometimes even shoot overseas.

Shooting a steel or paper target at X00 yds is, however, not much like shooting an animal at x00 yds. A lot of people confuse the idea that if they can hit a target that far out, they can legitimately hunt that far out.
I would really love to get into BPCR. I think it would be an absolute hoot.

Well hell then, I'll choose ; ) next

Figured you'd shot there...do tell.

Al, me, and Dennis actually won something at lever gun National. I suck with a a lever gun.

Lever gun team Me Al and Dennis Ostler 2017.jpg

bring a .22 or order one up from Gail Shuttleworth and she can bring it to you at the .22 bpcra Nationals match. But gotta be fast.

Gail Shuttleworth of CPA at 22bpcr.jpg

Big Bore silhouette Nationals is the other big event
mhLY65Q.jpg

DSCN0025.JPG

The one thing we probably won't be shooting is Long range target rifle. The NRA folded their tent on that one. The whole reason the NRA exists was to shoot in this match and host it every few years for the entire world.
5.JPG

Bring a shotgun for the "off days"
j1p77Ai.jpg

Sometimes it's a good thing your shooting partner is a gunsmith
MVIEWXw.jpg

I don't know where all my pictures are. Sorry about that...

But you will need to visit the place occasionally
This is the town of Colfax. Not IN the town, it IS the town.
lIRNcFZ.jpg

Be there...

Yeah why not...

Some people are so against long range shooting, they don't want it EVER!
This is all based on a joke a member posted above about "holdover" on bear spray. Then (tongue-in-cheek) I said I would think reading the wind was likely of utmost importance when deploying bear spray. A few totally missed this.

This is all based on a joke a member posted above about "holdover" on bear spray. Then (tongue-in-cheek) I said I would think reading the wind was likely of utmost importance when deploying bear spray. A few totally missed this.
I wouldn’t say they “missed” it - some just like to get their panties in a wad.

Don’t hate the Karen, hate the game.

I know! I made the joke about the holdover! He must have missed it. I hope he missed it, and wouldn't actually try to get closer to a changing grizzly!🤣

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back