MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Amazed with the new rifle

brokfut

When I had my old rifle rebarreled by PacNor I really expected it to be a good rifle but this thing is amazing.
Neighbor and I went to the mountain yesterday to do some shooting. I had a mottly collection of 280 Remington ammo that I wanted to fire form for the new 280 Ackley. 140 grain nosler accubond, 140 ballistic tip, 140 partitions and some 139 Hornady. Different powders and charge weights. everything I ran down the tube was sub MOA at 200 yards. The rifle is just unbelievably accurate with everything.
Wondering what it will do when I actually start loading Ackley ammo.
Chris and Cathy: Thanks for an awesome rifle.

Turnaround was about 16 weeks I think. the finish is cerakote Savage Stainless. was done by Earnie at Gunners in Brookings, Oregon. Earnie was a gunsmith at PacNor for many years before opening his own shop. PacNor sends all their cerakote work to him for final finish I think.

The stock is the original to the rifle. When I got it back from them I had to hogg out all the old bedding and open the area around the chamber then rebed everything. took a little work but I am one of those weird people that believes that the more of my self invested in the project the more I appreciate the final version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back