PEAX Equipment

Am I one of the bad ones?

Hello, I was reading through some of the forums about influxes of Texans traveling to north-western states, and I saw that a lot of westerners disliked Texans. I'm from Texas and I want to move to a north-western state when I'm older because I'm drawn to the public land opportunities that don't really exist here. What's so bad about that? Would yall consider me part of the problem? I don't feel like I'm the kind of hunter that belongs in Texas because some of the hunters I know disagree with me about public land/wildlife conservation, and the kind of hunting experiences I seek doesn't exist in Texas. I think I would like the outdoor experience in another state much better.
Anyone who moves anywhere and disregards the ethos of those places and doesn't try to first understand them is going to piss folks off.

Example, if what draws you to west is public land opportunities then don't move here and destroy that which brought you here.

Don't lease land, hunt public; if you decide to try and hunt some private don't pay. Ask permission and if asked for money in return politely decline. Don't further that culture, don't build that market.

If you buy a slice of heaven, share. Don't try and shut down river access, fight trail easements, or gate roads.

Don't attempt to fence in the elk/deer on your place, herd them with your vehicles.

Before you vote on a state level talk to some folks. Ask them about the local issues. Don't vote down the school bond simply because your from Texas and hate taxes. Maybe you should vote it down but try to get an idea of the community issues... and/or just don't vote on those until you do.

I moved to MA from CO, I walked into a barber shop and asked the guy, "So Charlie Baker and Elizabeth Warren... how does that happen?" Had a really interesting conversation.

In general I think transplants can in many ways be the biggest boons to a community. They moved there for a reason and can be the biggest champions of what makes a town cool.

I don't think anyone in CO hates a Texan that does that.

Anyone who moves anywhere and disregards the ethos of those places and doesn't try to first understand them is going to piss folks off.

Example, if what draws you to west is public land opportunities then don't move here and destroy that which brought you here.

Don't lease land, hunt public; if you decide to try and hunt some private don't pay. Ask permission and if asked for money in return politely decline. Don't further that culture, don't build that market.

If you buy a slice of heaven, share. Don't try and shut down river access, fight trail easements, or gate roads.

Don't attempt to fence in the elk/deer on your place, herd them with your vehicles.

Before you vote on a state level talk to some folks. Ask them about the local issues. Don't vote down the school bond simply because your from Texas and hate taxes. Maybe you should vote it down but try to get an idea of the community issues... and/or just don't vote on those until you do.

I moved to MA from CO, I walked into a barber shop and asked the guy, "So Charlie Baker and Elizabeth Warren... how does that happen?" Had a really interesting conversation.

In general I think transplants can in many ways be the biggest boons to a community. They moved there for a reason and can be the biggest champions of what makes a town cool.

Those "Don't"s have all been done by those in control in MT. Hell, it made one Governor.

In the 1980s Congress was debating building a fence along the Texas Mexico border, the good congressman from North Dakota stood up in support of the bill but criticized it for not going far enough.
He proposed building a fence all around Texas.
That was during the oil boom and Texas oilies were flooding ND.

I'd love to hear what the Massholes say after you walk out of the barber shop, they probably couldn't even understand your weird western accent and therefore misunderstood your question :ROFLMAO:

Those "Don't"s have all been done by those in control in MT. Hell, it made one Governor.

portrait-female-mime-artist-on-260nw-737445532.jpg

This is a popular bumper sticker here in Florida. I suspect it's the reverse attitude towards Texas.

View attachment 199222
Does Florida really have room to talk? Anyone I talk to that lives there immediate tells me where they are from originally and agrees that Floridians are crazy, in obvious attempt to distance themselves from any article beginning with “A Florida man…”. But yeah, sure “Up North” (I.e the rest of the US) we didn’t do it that way.

Does Florida really have room to talk? Anyone I talk to that lives there immediate tells me where they are from originally and agrees that Floridians are crazy, in obvious attempt to distance themselves from any article beginning with “A Florida man…”. But yeah, sure “Up North” (I.e the rest of the US) we didn’t do it that way.
Oh, if we could only convince them to go back up north!

Good Lord man, are you apologizing for being from Texas? It’s like this - we’re from Texas, we hate Californians, New Yorkers and Steelers fans. In turn we are disliked by New Mexicans, despised by Coloradans, Okies, and Massholes. Just how it works bro…

It doesn't matter what state your from it matters if you film your hunt and do it like a youtuber and have all the latest and greatest gear

Back