Alpine muledeer outfitter

Wife imformed me she wants to buy me a hunt of my choice, Always wanted to do a alpine muledeer hunt. I have 4 years to build points so will have 4 points . Wyoming or Colorado?Whos a good outfitter with quality animals

Is your wife buying you ANY hunt of your choice? Sheep???? You can go self-guided on most mule deer hunts in the US.

If you’re archery or muzzleloader hunting, you’ll have a lot of options in CO with 4 points. The better alpine rifle tags (GMUs 74, 82/86, 65) take about 10-14 points. In WY, look into your options in Regions H. You’ll be short points for a Region G tag. Good luck. And seriously... if your wife wants to send me on a sheep hunt, I’ll send you on that mule deer hunt. Let’s make a deal!!! 😀

Last edited:
Is your wife buying you ANY hunt of your choice? Sheep???? You can go self-guided on most mule deer hunts in the US.

If you’re archery or muzzleloader hunting, you’ll have a lot of options in CO with 4 points. The better alpine rifle tags (GMUs 74, 82/86, 65) take about 10-14 points. In WY, look into your options in Regions H. You’ll be short points for a Region G tag. Good luck. And seriously... if your wife wants to send me on a sheep hunt, I’ll send you on that mule deer hunt. Let’s make a deal!!! 😀
Lol I get to hunt sheep every year right here in British Columbia. Just something about hi mountain mule deer growing up reading all those books

Why not an over the counter general deer tag and hunt a mule deer area with a guide in mt. I know it's not colorado or anything. No points needed that I know of.

Signed up for Colorado now just have to figure those points system now too lol , so confused
Its not that difficult...If you don't want to hunt now then just apply for a preference point in the draw. You'll have to buy your qualifying licenses. I think its around$100. The deadline in is early April

Lol I get to hunt sheep every year right here in British Columbia.
Lucky dog. Sheep hunts outnumbering deer hunts... there’s a good problem.
Good luck in the high alpine mule deer search. You have options in the near future in Colorado if you’re willing to hunt with a muzzleloader. Buy their small game license and a pref point this year by the early-April deadline. After a few years, you should be able to draw a muzzleloader tag in a number of good high-country mule deer units. Units like 66 and 55 will be out of reach, but there are a number of others that you’ll be able to draw. Good luck

Last edited:
IMO the best guide in Colorado is Steve Biggerstaff. Bigger staff Outfitters. He is not cheap but will find you what you are lokoing for and has access to the top deer/elk/lion country in Colorado.

Bump back up, what about a late season hunts catch those big bucks out of the high country in the lower lands .Easier draws?

May I suggest SE MT? Pretty good opportunity to catch those late season cruisers. Don't tell anyone though....
That's just mean man! Pain meds wearing off?

OP, I think you're gonna find most low land late season hunts are incredibly difficult to draw, or are in MT and the deer get shot to pieces every year.

Edit to add: you're going to be in between on points in most places at 4. The high point units take way more, and the difference between a 1-2 pt unit and 3-4 is negligible in a state like CO.

That's just mean man! Pain meds wearing off?

OP, I think you're gonna find most low land late season hunts are incredibly difficult to draw, or are in MT and the deer get shot to pieces every year.

Edit to add: you're going to be in between on points in most places at 4. The high point units take way more, and the difference between a 1-2 pt unit and 3-4 is negligible in a state like CO.
Got the Vid now, just another feather in the cap for 2021. Pretty awesome. All is well so far.

OP,

Are you committed to JUST 3 years from now?

There are 2 US states that are purely random draws with no preference points, and one of them borders you. I'd look at Alberta also if you are building points.

Curious if you want something different than the mountains since those are your home turf...What about a low desert Rutting Venado en Mexico? You got big bucks, and totally different from your home province.

maxresdefault.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back