Caribou Gear Tarp

Alpine Happiness

Central AK range...

full

gosh, i love alpine exploring and getting on top of stuff almost more than hunting. that passion came first anyway.

too many pictures, too many memories. but here's a small spattering.

IMG-1712.JPG
IMG-1716.JPG
IMG-2536.JPG

IMG-3969.jpg

IMG-5158.jpg

IMG-3941.JPG

Yukon dall sheep hunt. Little white spot in middle of picture is my ram. Couple minutes later he rolled about 400 yards down the mountain. Tree line that far north was below 4000 feet. Biggest mountains where I hunted were around 7000 feet. Easy country to get around and spot game from with the lack of vegetation.
CCI_000017.jpg

IMG_4361.jpegIMG_A7D483DB2EC1-1.jpeg
View attachment IMG_4355.jpg
Horseback cow hunt in the Absarokas about 18 miles in and 10,500ft. Loved the time in the saddle in such gorgeous country with plenty of boot leather time too.

IMG_E9E804D4AD2C-1.jpeg

Alas, no bull tag as we stalked in on this boy when he was sleeping at the very edge of the treeline, protected from the winds.

Stalked to about 25 yds form where he was snoozing away, however the 2 spikes with him that we thought were cows, had already left. Don't think he sees many 2 leggeds up there because after he woke and saw us so close he hung out in that bowl above treeline for about 30+ minutes from 19-150 yards just checking us out, barking and giving us an awesome show.

Last edited:
gosh there's just too many

got to stay in silverton for three weeks during geology summer field camp, this is what we did on our like one day off each week. find a pile of rocks, and scramble to the top of it.

10435745_10204128666076414_4937375646664708747_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just sooooo beautiful, thanks for the pictures folks. Been a while since I've been caribou hunting. I love the mountains n just looking at them. They can be mesmerizing and then take you for the ride of a lifetime.
The mountain grizzly bear is also a sight. Strong compact for a brown bear n tough. I had the opportunity to harvest a blond grizzly that was thinking he could have a caribou for breakfast, all cleaned up n hanging. I put one in front of him n he ran for a mile straight up a rock cliff n he never missed a beat. What a beautiful animal. Lot of folks hunt for moose antlers in the alpine regions. Great reason to get out

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back