Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Alpine Happiness

full

long ridge scrambles are one of my favorite things, I fall on the other side of the spectrum though, the more exposure the better, hard to convey in a photo just how far off the deck this is...

20230702_141517.jpgimage000000(4).jpgimage000001.jpg
Last year a bust for alpine....first time in my adult life. Slow start this year, distracted by all the other things. Good test of legs and lungs today. Nice to be out, though our female wire-hair was bananas, intent upon getting lost.

I was gonna climb a mountain and take some pics and post them on HuntTalk but the mountain was too high doodoodoo.
Couldn't resist.
Seriously though love the content on this thread. It's beautiful 😍

Great stuff here, getting ready to start my sheep scouting in Northern CO - I know it's a little bit early, but the we have had warm windy afternoons and started to have some rain showers so the snow is down to just banks. Hard to believe so much snow disappeared in the last month after an amazing amount of snow and continued below average temps so far. Great motivation seeing this pictures!!

View attachment 282937View attachment 282939View attachment 282938
Bagged granite that summer too. Wasn’t much of hunter back then but wouldn’t mind getting back there looking for some sheep one of these falls. Elk are still too much fun right now.
We made it to within 150' one year. Had no concern about going up the final bit, but wasn't comfortable coming down without a rope. Maybe I'll go back sometime from a better approach, but the # of people up there was too much for me. Rather like my solitude.

We made it to within 150' one year. Had no concern about going up the final bit, but wasn't comfortable coming down without a rope. Maybe I'll go back sometime from a better approach, but the # of people up there was too much for me. Rather like my solitude.
Yeah the crowds weren’t bad when we did it in 2010 but I’d image the scene has changed quite a bit since then. And yeah, I wouldn’t do it without a rope. The ice bridge was what got me and if I remember right there were a few other sections it was nice to have the rope.

Last edited:
Couldn’t make it to the golden trout lake. The already-treacherous descent in NE-facing cirque still had ton of snow 300’ down from the saddle - couldn’t get around and didn’t feel good about crossing, never mind trying to come back up.

Usually fish this one in August. The fish are always so dour in August, and I was hoping to find active, cruising fish to sight fish rather than the usually bobber-watching or leech-stripping.

Turned round and fished consolation lake in way back. Fishing was stupid - fish on every couple casts. Lost a nice one that refused 4 flies before taking the 5th, rest of them dinks like the one pictured.

816C9498-E4A4-47F1-B3F0-854EE5374C31.jpeg1215B4CF-51C6-4FC0-B9BC-DA0C1776E308.jpegF39BA717-3A0A-4105-AA1D-E0C94F991CA2.jpegBF1DCEC4-213D-4EEF-86B1-4EE6F97FF378.jpeg

Attachments

• 630AA15B-E363-4DC7-9D4B-F614CE6B379A.jpeg
    630AA15B-E363-4DC7-9D4B-F614CE6B379A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Couldn’t make it to the golden trout lake. The already-treacherous descent in NE-facing cirque still had ton of snow 300’ down from the saddle - couldn’t get around and didn’t feel good about crossing, never mind trying to come back up.

Usually fish this one in August. The fish are always so dour in August, and I was hoping to find active, cruising fish to sight fish rather than the usually bobber-watching or leech-stripping.

Turned round and fished consolation lake in way back. Fishing was stupid - fish on every couple casts. Lost a nice one that refused 4 flies before taking the 5th, rest of them dinks like the one pictured.

View attachment 283402View attachment 283403View attachment 283404View attachment 283405
No crampons?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back