Caribou Gear

Almost time - Are you ready?

Going out this weekend for prairie goats. Not the animal I sought after for years but it’s enough to occupy me.
I was about to be like???? Whoa whoa whoa what’s the rush??! Antelope camp is this Friday!! Lol

You haven't eaten a good antelope. Elk is a way distant second. mtmuley

This is so true, yet it is funny how many people disparage antelope. The myths about antelope are legion and people still put antelope down as “stink goat” and other worthless titles to one of the best eating animals you can hunt.

I’ve killed dozens of antelope and had one that was rank and it wasn’t run to make it that way. As long as people want to criticize antelope, I will continue to enjoy the best part of fall and hunt them in the best month of the year…

I’m ready-ish. With 10 unsuccessful permit drawings, it’s going to be a fall of General elk and deer and birds.

I think last year opening weekend was around 90°. If The highs are over 80 I want nothing to do with it till it cools off

I had plans to go. Things changed... I am trying to decide if I just take a week and run to Idaho and try or not.

Life gets in the way of a lot of things!

Everything is dialed in and ready, except for our new tent. Need to find a good spot in the backyard to assemble it for the first time to get used to it. Trying to find a 14x20 spot to do it in the mountains is tougher than it looks. Might have to set it up in the driveway ha

Back to living in Montana after 5 years in the Midwest. Yeah, you could say I'm ready.

I'm just about as ready as I can be for my Kodiak Elk hunt but that isn't until Oct 1. Haven't even slightly thought about any of the hunting in Sept prior to that. I did order all my food plot seed yesterday and that will likely get planted this weekend or next week so I guess that's kind of thinking about it.

Almost ready. Just have to start load dev on a new rifle, get all my food rounded up, nail down my final antelope hunting area, pack, unpack, go on the last family camping trip of the summer, re-pack, then slowly watch the days tick by until it's go time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back