Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ally's New Mexico Oryx Hunt

Congrats, your family has had a spectacular season! I've always thought an oryx is one of the coolest looking animals anywhere, plus that one looks better than most. Great memories & again congratulations.

What a cool hunt. Tha Ally is going to have a hunting resume that no young boy is going to even come close too. I feel bad for her future husband. He'll never be able to out do her.... That's awesome! Congrats to you for getting your daughters involved at such an early age.

awesome, I can not wait to get one myself, hopefully some day i am lucky enough to be able to hunt them.

Great trophy. COngratulations to the young lady.

The way the oryx herds are being hammered in recent years, a 36 incher is a great trophy. Hope you enjoy the steaks. I believe oryx is the best tasting wild game.

Loved hunting ORXY... I still remember drawing back my bow with the wind under my loin cloth.............

Update: Cut and processed the oryx last night and had to give it a try. Holy schmoly that stuff is outstanding.

Figured we got about 80 lbs. of processed meat. Outstanding stuff with zero gamey flavor or odor.

Ally chowed down one her tenderloins in record time.

Ally stayed up late last night helping me cut the steaks, trim, grind and wrap all the burger.

She was truly there for the entire hunt. Pretty good help that kid is.

Last edited:
Update: Cut and processed the oryx last night and had to give it a try. Holy schmoly that stuff is outstanding.

Figured we got about 80 lbs. of processed meat. Outstanding stuff with zero gamey flavor or odor.

Ally chowed down one her tenderloins in record time.

Ally stayed up late last night helping me cut the steaks, trim, grind and wrap all the burger.

She was truly there for the entire hunt. Pretty good help that kid is.

I said it before...You guys rock! Man sure wish I could try a bite 'o oryx...;)

We still need to go chase a cat!

I know we do!!!

My spring is kind of screwed. Heading to Mexico next week for a conference (and three days of marlin fishing :D) and then chasing Ally across the state for traveling volleyball.

She has tourney's almost every weekend through mid-May. Love to watch her play though so it's well worth it.

If you get up this way, let me know.......

That calls for the picture again...:D

I have to admit, I don't look as good though............

47184_1475206932146_1592898151_1170950_3083263_n.jpg

Congrats to your daughter!! Post up the taxi pictures when they are done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back