Yeti GOBOX Collection

Alliant Powder availability

I know its hard to be patient and real easy to go negative. Today I filled with Diesel and it was cheaper by a good bit. The ammo shelves are filling up nicely and if we can avoid feeding the wolves and giving them more reasons to up price everything, things will eventually get better. Someday, the wolves will die and we can go to their estate sales. Monty Python sings "always look on the bright side of life"

Anyone seen TS-15.5 on the shelf anywhere? mtmuley
Yes. I forget where but I saw some. Maybe Natchez Shooting Supply. It's long gone but it was recent

I lucked out I bought 2 jugs of RL26 pre-panini and then before the big price jumps I managed my way into 4lbs of RL23. Last week I accidentally stumbled into 5lbs of H1000. I'm basically set for life (i.e next year) for my bigger rifles

Anyone seen TS-15.5 on the shelf anywhere? mtmuley
Saw some in CDA last year. I guess they make it sometimes... I really like 2000-MR. it is next slower on the burn rate chart and I've achieved good velocity with it.
CFE-223 is fairly easy to come by and works well in that burn range.

Big Fan of Reloader 15 for my 308 Win.
I imagine a lot of the Swedish powder is going to Ukraine for the war effort.

That TS 15.5 looks pretty awesome for dasher and 6.5x47.. Never seen it in the wild. It and RL16, RL23 seem to be the new favorites for a number of applications.

I have heard the same thing about RL23 for the 280AI so I, too, am looking for it.
When I went hunting with my uncle last december, he opened up his safe and there were 10 unopened jugs of RL23. Ridiculous.

When I went hunting with my uncle last december, he opened up his safe and there were 10 unopened jugs of RL23. Ridiculous.
Sounds like I need to make a road trip! The gunsmith is working on my 280AI this week.

I'm sitting pretty good, but when the Alliant powders become available, I'm gonna buy so much of it MallardsX2 is gonna be pissed. mtmuley
I'm feeling the same way about buying a lot if the price ever comes down again and it becomes avaliable! Weather it Alliant of something else! This running out of stuff sucks! One thing I do have a good supply of is primers, about 30K and not, none for sale. Lot of them are old Herter's primer's and they are also my favorite. Bit short on shotgun primer's though!

This thread is several months old now and I'm seeing more powders become available at the local gun stores, however, I'm not seeing any Alliant powders yet. Is anyone out there finding this pixie dust? I'm getting desperate for some RL 33 for my 28 Nosler. Down to the last half lb. I'm hating the thoughts of lost barrel life trying to rework a new load.

I saw 4 bottles of Alliant powder today in the local Runnings store, Unique, MP300, Bullseye, forgot the last one. Keep the faith.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back