All around Best Pants for daily and hunting??

Not to hijack the thread but I used to exclusively buy blue jeans for hunting when I was younger. Until one 3rd season hunt in a snowstorm until I froze. My dad got unreasonably upset with me. Partly cuz I was wearing work boots as well that leaked. I made it 2 days. This last hunt I had lasted 6 days. Partly because I finally broke down and bought good hunting clothes. It’s insane how much people can tolerate once you get really good clothing.
I was relating more to the title of for daily use. But yes.

This paired with a good base layer for the applicable weather is a very good option. I have two pair that I used for pronghorn. Stole those pants for $35 at Cabelas.

Otherwise, First Lite Corrugate Guide pants are great. They work for everything. Got mine on sale for around $120 or so.
$35 for Apex pants? Yeah you made out on that one. The last sale they had was at $62 so I grabbed 8 pairs

All the FL pants are too tight in the thighs from my experience.

My understanding is the stretch Zions have changed significantly from what they used to be. Can anyone confirm?
I bought my first pair in 19 the other two in 20 & 22. They are all the same but not sure when they first came out.

Anybody else wear blue jeans?
I was going to suggest good ol Wrangler relaxed fit blue jeans but he wants to wear them to school.

I tried a pair of Cabelas Red Head "Ultimate Work Pants" last year and really liked them. Very comfortable and nice color. Also tried a pair of Nobel Outfitters "flex" canvas work pants and really like them as well. They look good enough to wear to school (olive colored and no hammer loop) and built tough. I especially like the cell phone pocket and extra wide belt loops. That was a major gripe with the fancy Wrangler outdoors stretchy pants. Skinny belt loops and not enough of them. Pants were always rolling around the belt. The Nobel pants inseam runs on the short side so go to the next length. Good price at $40.
18425-005_khaki.jpgNobel pants

Last edited:
Duluth Firehose Flex for me. Wear them for work and for hunting lately too.

My understanding is the stretch Zions have changed significantly from what they used to be. Can anyone confirm?
They changed it a couple years ago. Made them a snugger fit and lost a lot of credibility as being everyone’s favorite. They now offer the loose fit again after seeing negative reviews. The Zion 2’s are the original loose fit.

Sitka and Kuiu are top quality. I don’t care about the camo design as much as I like the performance of the clothing and the Sitka warranty.
Not sure if anyone has used it but the Kuiu warranty is top notch as well. I had my fly zipper go out on my attach pants after 4 years of use and sent in a claim and they offered my a new set of pants or equal amount of store credit, no questions asked. I took the store credit, put it towards base layers, and had a seamstress put on a new zipper.

I have several pairs of the Wrangler stretch cargo that have held up remarkably well, especially for the price. But I have recently started wearing some Gerry brand ones from Costco, similar design, but far superior quality. And they are still less than $30.00. Like I say, both pairs have held up well and I abuse pants. I can go through a pair of double front Carhartts in less than a year.

I have 2 pairs of the black ovis Granite peak pants and really like them a lot. I wear them daily and have held up great.
I have one pair of these two and really like them. With base layer good down to mid twenty’s or lower if you constantly move. Have worn up in 70’s too but with no base layer. I think they look nice too. I think the are around $80 but go on sale kinda often for around $60 which is what I paid.

I really like my Prana Zions but their new version is very low quality compared to the older ones.

My favorites to date are the First Lite Foundry and Sawbuck pants. Good material, not too hot/not too cold.

I really do like the Sitka line as well

They changed it a couple years ago. Made them a snugger fit and lost a lot of credibility as being everyone’s favorite. They now offer the loose fit again after seeing negative reviews. The Zion 2’s are the original loose fit.

PRANA Zions- Aha! I wondered what happened! I have 3 pairs I got 6 or 7 years ago that I wear constantly ( wearing a pair in the treestand right now). My wife got me another couple pairs 2 years ago that are tight in the thighs and loose in the waist. This explains it!

Those original ones are very comfortable and very sturdy.

There was a time when we got our hunting clothes from Army/Navy surplus. Might be woodland camo or some European flectarn thing, but it was cheap and it worked. And it still does today.

What was the topic again? 🤷‍♂️

Kuhl Radikl and Revolvr would be worth a look for work and play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back