Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

All around Best Pants for daily and hunting??

WYelker

Alright. Last year I thought I had found the solution to my ongoing pants saga. A good study pair of pants that were affordable, could be wore to my work (teacher) but also in my garage, and out in the hills…

I bought the Wrangler ATG and at first really liked them. Fast forward a year, and pockets stitching is all but gone. I ordered some newer ones and the pockets were worse and the product has changed a bunch.

So what has anyone found that is not a $200 plus? Something decent daily wearable and rugged enough to hunt in?

I do like the stretch of the ATG but the pockets just sucked…

You’ll get a lot of responses. The Prana stretch zions are hard to beat. Get the one model that isn’t tight in the thighs (thinking its the Zion 2’s) My only gripe is their recycle material has a little bit of shine to it or silky look at first. I read though that they are completely going back to the original style and material soon and they were awesome.

My other favorite is the first lite corrugate guide pants in solid colors.

5.11 Apex pants. On sale 4-5 times a year
This paired with a good base layer for the applicable weather is a very good option. I have two pair that I used for pronghorn. Stole those pants for $35 at Cabelas.

Otherwise, First Lite Corrugate Guide pants are great. They work for everything. Got mine on sale for around $120 or so.

They’re both expensive at full price, but Sitka timberline or SG dehavilland lite are my favorite by far.

Missed the every day part of the question.

Last edited:
Original wrangler indigos. Size bigger than normal. Hit em with camp dri, Under Armor type base layer, then a pair of long john bottoms, throw on a union suit, then Wranglers,good pair of wool socks.

If early fall forego long johns and union suit.

Sitka and Kuiu are top quality. I don’t care about the camo design as much as I like the performance of the clothing and the Sitka warranty.

Most of everything I have, I bought used from classifieds and Craigslist…

Sitka and Kuiu are top quality. I don’t care about the camo design as much as I like the performance of the clothing and the Sitka warranty.

Most of everything I have, I bought used from classifieds and Craigslist…
That's what got me. The warranty.

I have 3 pairs of Prana Zions and wear them almost everyday and even to church on Sunday. Only real complaint is if it is cold I have to wear long handles under them...they are not for the cold. Man they are comfortable. Kuiu Attack pants is better all around but to expensive for me to wear all but fir hunting.

My understanding is the stretch Zions have changed significantly from what they used to be. Can anyone confirm?

Anybody else wear blue jeans?
Not to hijack the thread but I used to exclusively buy blue jeans for hunting when I was younger. Until one 3rd season hunt in a snowstorm until I froze. My dad got unreasonably upset with me. Partly cuz I was wearing work boots as well that leaked. I made it 2 days. This last hunt I had lasted 6 days. Partly because I finally broke down and bought good hunting clothes. It’s insane how much people can tolerate once you get really good clothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back