Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

All around Best Pants for daily and hunting??

Looks like Sitka has a sale on their territory pants right now. No personal experience though. ~$60

I have several pairs of the Wrangler stretch cargo that have held up remarkably well, especially for the price. But I have recently started wearing some Gerry brand ones from Costco, similar design, but far superior quality. And they are still less than $30.00. Like I say, both pairs have held up well and I abuse pants. I can go through a pair of double front Carhartts in less than a year.
Carhart stuff is grossly overrated and overpriced. Hems and pockets fray in short order.

Everyone needs to keep in mind the OP wants pants he can also wear to work as a school teacher. Back when I was teaching, admin wouldn't let us wear jeans or canvas work pants to class (except shop). Camo clothing was totally unacceptable.

In my opinion, there isn't a single pant that can "do it all" and last forever like people are wanting. The ATGs are priced right, comfortable, and appropriate wear for business casual. They would likely hold up for several years of teaching and the occasional outdoor adventure.

The Sitka, Kuiu, and FL are great pants for wearing in rough conditions for limited amounts of time. They are typically made with a better mix of materials that stand up to harsher conditions to keep you in the woods longer. Once the trip is over they get washed and stored away for the next trip.

Carhart stuff is grossly overrated and overpriced. Hems and pockets fray in short order.

Everyone needs to keep in mind the OP wants pants he can also wear to work as a school teacher. Back when I was teaching, admin wouldn't let us wear jeans or canvas work pants to class (except shop). Camo clothing was totally unacceptable.
I know he was asking what to wear everyday, That's why I suggested the Gerry pants from Costco. The only reason I mentioned Carharrt was making a comparison to how well they last.

another +1 for Prana zion's and Kuiu attack, pretty similar fit and feel, totally bombproof, I'm finally wearing out pairs of both that I've been abusing for 6-7 years...do beware the slim fit zion, I'm a really skinny dude and they are still way too tight for any use other than sitting in an office chair...

Kuiu Attacks or kutanas are hard to beat as a universal pant. I've come to dislike anything without hip zips in comparison other than extremely breathable warm season pants (really like the sitka ascent).

Zions (silly bell bottom fit) and FL Corrugate (crotch stitching blew out almost immediately) feel like sweatboxes when active in comparison to the hip zip models.

I wish kuiu had a casual model without some goofy ass side cargo pocket with big kuiu lettering on it for daily use. Not everyone needs to be a hunting douche in public.

I’ve got a pair of these and have liked them so far. They’re cheap, stretchy, water repellent, wind resistant, and dry quickly.
TBMPOY Men's Outdoor Quick-Dry Lightweight Waterproof Hiking Mountain Pants with Belt https://a.co/d/i2fyKN9

Everyday wear...blue jeans.

Outdoor, hiking, hunting, yes can wear to work...Eddie Bauer Guide Pro.

Winter time...the EB Guide Pro fleece lined are the shiznit.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Wrangler ATG. They’re comfy, look decent enough to wear to the office, but pick and pull very easily in briars which abound around here. I have to think about where I’m hunting and if I’ll be pushing through any briars before I put them on. For that purpose I usually wear the Duluth firehose pants in the original brown. For whatever reason the other colors that more closely resemble khaki do not hold up as well as the original brown

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back