Alexis is now a member...

FLIPPER

of the Crossbow Kill Club!

Last night we went to the woods and climbed into our buddy stand, that a friend of ours bought for her and put up on his land for her.

Around 7pm 5 deer came trotting past us out of range. Then about 7:20 a deer came in from behind us. I told Alexis not to move and it would walk right past us and she would have a shot. Well he did walk right under the stand, we watched him through the footrest, as he continue his way out in front of us, I handed Alexis her crossbow. He was at 22yds and turned left, stood there just a second and took 4 or 5 more steps and stopped. I asked Alexis if she had a good clear lane, "she said yes, but which line do I use?" I told her to use the top line and shoot when ready.

She clicked off the safety and crack! The buck turned 2 forward flips and ran about 18yds and stopped. Just a few seconds later he started walking and continued till he was out of sight. We sat there till dark. We climbed down quietly, found the blood covered bolt and ALOT good blood. But he went towards a old clearcut.

I told her we would go home and I would come back in the morning to track him. So I took her to school this morning and went to the woods. I started tracking him and a friend, Josh, came up through the woods to help me. We track the deer for 400yds and another friend, Stump, started whistling and came found us as we found the buck. Thank you Josh and Stump for ALL your help! ;)

They loaded the buck in my truck and I went straight to school and got Alexis so she could see her very first crossbow deer! She was elated and smiling from ear to ear! :D

The buck was a 3 point. Sorry for the quality of the photos, I used my cellphone.

Exit hole and where we found him...

Alexisxbow20101.jpg

Alexis and her buck at school...

Alexisxbow2010.jpg

Congrats to Alexis. Thanks for posting Flipper. I am sure it was a great day for you.

Way to go Alexis! I think I remember her killing a couple last year! She`s a killing machine! :D That was a perfect tight behind the shoulder shot and I`m amazed he made it 400yds!

Why do you think it went 400 yards after she absolutely cracked it? I mean she drilled that deer. What broadhead do you use for a crossbow?

Did she get to show off in front of any boys at school? haha.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back