Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

ALBINO BULL !!

It's a Piebald, but nonetheless it's a rare animal! Albino are all white with red eyes. Back when I was in high school I worked at a golf course that am albino doe with piebald twins! Pretty darn cool animals to see!!!

I’ve never seen one either or anything like it so I had no idea what It officially called , thanks for the info

Last edited:
I believe there is a full body albino mount of a bull in Sportsman's Warehouse in Casper.

It looks almost like the Elk beside him is looking at him as if to say "What the hell happened to you?

Very cool animal. I'd let him walk so somebody else could enjoy him including myself. I'd always have hopes of bumping into him again. I'm primarily a meat hunter anyhow so, he'd be more enjoyable to me on the hoof. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing that's pretty cool! This bison was born on a ranch and is not wild. It's a female calf and she's pretty cute. I was told (?) that an albino bison is a 1 in 10 million odds. Probably about the same for elk I would think.

1595914841556.png

1595914861937.png

1595914887271.png

Very cool looking bull.
not to derail the thread but I gotta ask, who would shoot it you had the tag??
There are no right or wrong answers to the question, but I don’t think I would shoot him. There was a time when I would have hiked every mountain in the unit for a crack at him, but I think I would rather know he was still out there now.

When I was about 17 there was a silver fox seen near town by many people and every high school kid with a rifle in his truck was hoping to get a crack at him. The lucky person that finally did was me, and I pulled off a shot that was embarrassingly unlucky for the fox. I took the fox to a local taxidermist to get it tanned, and he convinced me that I needed a full body mount. I had no money for such extravagance, but he assured me that we would figure it out when the time came. I never went back and picked up that fox, but I’ve thought about him frequently. I’m certain that if I had it to do over I wouldn’t take the shot.

Man I’m getting old.

I've saw a few piebald whitetail over the years. My dad hunted a small piebald buck harder than he hunted any of his big bucks on archery season. He finally harvested him on the second to last day of the season. He was a tough deer to get. He was rarely with any other deer, and he was extremely cautious....I suspect because he stuck out like sore thumb. I'd shoot that bull without hesitation. He's still meat on the inside :)

Back