Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Albino bull elk

Delw

A guy sent this to me. I dont know where it was shot.. supossibly this year but not sure on that either....

bull1.jpg

bull2.jpg

someone have any ideas?

Delw

Well, that's Gambles Oak in back of him and Bitterbrush to the right. That could be in Arizona.... but Del may be right.

It isn't an albino, but it is the lightest bull elk I've ever seen. Maybe Greenie has some idea...

:cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-02-2002 14:42: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

I heard a story of an albino elk being shot on the a few years ago. I think it was on the res?

A true Albino has pink eyes....that one doesn't. He has a light pigmentation, but he's no albino.........nice bull though.

Dont have any idea where this one is at or came from, but I have seen a lot of white elk on a couple different game farms. There are a few Piebald elk around Gunnison Colo. And used to be a white bull around there ,I think they called it the Stuben Bull.Been a few years. KW

I'm pretty sure that one was from a ranch here in Colorado.. I saw him a few years ago in denver at a sportsmans show. I could be wrong so if I am. I am sorry and I don't mean to accuse. I just think it is from that ranch. Can't remember the name though..Anyone else?

I took pics of a pie-bald cow elk in OR when I was bear hunting one yr, there pretty cool looking. Looked like a paint horse almost, actually thats what I thought it was when I first seen it. I thought I had seen something truely rare and might be the only one....bow season was going on and I had just drove past a camp a couple miles down the rd, I went back to tell them of what I had seen and they was like.....yeah yeah we have seen her too....kinda ruined my moment, but ohh well...lol

A blue eyed blonde Elk. Hmm.... Could we call it the Clairol Elk??

Blue eyes huh?? Just look at the picture.. It has blue eyes,, one blew right and the other blew to the left....

:cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-03-2002 06:21: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

Wow, that's a nice bull! But, does that thing look really skinny to anybody else?

Oak

That is not an albino elk. There is a strain of white elk and there are LOTS of them around the country. They will pass on the genes when bred. Their antlers are sometimes kinda "funky" looking sometimes looking more like muledeer. This one is a real exceptional one. Often they are somewhat smaller bodied. Ol Bob

you say it has blue eyes, if so blue eyes is a sign of an albino and the brush looks like arizonia or texas

Hey Archer!!!!Where you been.....send me an e-mail and tell me how your season has been going...
That would be a very cool bull to put on the wall... :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back