ALASKA Spring Bear

Bill Hefner

Anyone want to hunt spring brown/grizzly in Alaska? My outfitter buddy called me today and said he has 1 opening left for Spring bear. Last year he had 8 hunters to take 8 bears. Of the 8, six were book bears and of the 6 two are the pending #5 and #6 SCI grizzly. Our of his last 20 hunters, 19 took bears. Bill Hefner/St. Petersburg, FL

Billybob...

Bear hunting only takes money. Remember, you can't take it with you, even in traveler's checks!

You know, what you may want to try is a fall grizzly hunt on a trophy fee basis while you're moose and/or caribou hunting. If you don't kill one you don't pay. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you more info than you ever wanted to know about this outfitter.

By the way, Aspen is a fine-looking dog! The horse looks good, too, but I don't anything about horses.

Bill Hefner

Well, time to get serious and start to plan a 2002 trip to hunt coatal brown Bears in Alaska! Would also consider a moose and Griz combo!

I have a few connections, but would like to ask the members if they know of an outfitter that runs a top notch Brown Bear hunt at a reasonable price! I know of one who runs camp from a boat and sends out skiffs to look for trails to start the stalk and return to the boat as a camp!

Any suggestions??

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary