Alaska Results!

Tok Management Area sheep tag (second season). My first sheep hunt, what a tag to have for it.

Congrats on the Tok tag. I've never been on a sheep hunt, but I'm a definite wanna-be, and I think those Tok rams are some of the prettiest Dalls anywhere. Make sure you keep us all posted on how your hunt turns out. Some of us want to hunt the TMA vicariously, you know. :D

Well I get to be THAT guy this year. After putting in for 13-15 hunts the past 5 years without a tag I drew 4 this year. Nunivak Musk ox next February, Kodiak Road system goat, Afognak cow elk, and Afognak Bear next spring. A bunch of tags, but spaced well over the next 15 months.

Congrats TB! I'll be interested in the details, especially logistics, of the musk ox hunt. A pard and I plan on starting to put in for that next year. Looks like a cool experience.

I drew a POW Island bear tag for fall of this year. It's going to be really painful this year spending three weeks in the place where GOD rested on the 7th day! No salt to anyone wounded by the evil tag grinch. Good huntin'

Bart - Congrats! Looking forward to hearing and seeing pics of your hunt!

I got drawn for a 2015 black bear. So that countdown can begin. :)
Fortunately I also have a 2014 black bear and will be leaving for that in 74 days. But who is counting.
Southeast Alaska here I come!

0 Fer Here

Nada on the draws for me this yr....Sis and Bro in law also are an 0 Fer in 2014.... We are still going on a Brooks Range Moose/Bou Float though so I put in for the Coveted Sheep and bison tags this year knowing full well it was a donation.

DC827? My wife drew that tag last year and we hiked in, shot a bou around 1pm, and were back at the rented cabin by 9pm, went back for round 2 of packing on day 2, out by 3 pm, and eating dinner at the resturant at 5pm. Pretty sweet hunt. Weather couldn't of been better. Frosty and clear (so no bugs ;) ). [/ATTACH]

I used to live in Big Sky Lawnboy. We moved up to AK two years ago. I miss bowhunting elk near Taylors Fork and floating the Madison and a few other things but we're having a blast in AK too.

Good luck on you hunts!

Attachments

• 1174706_10201106257035037_28475110_n.jpg
    1174706_10201106257035037_28475110_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back