PEAX Equipment

Alaska Fishing

IAMMAC

I know this is a site about hunting but I was wondering if any of you out there could recomend a place to go Halibut/Salmon fishing in Alaska. I would like to do a 7 day/6 night/5 day fish package if possible but money is a concern. It would be for four people. I have about $2,500 per person to spend and that does not include airfare. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks

MAC

IAMMAC, for 2,500 a person you could go with just about anyone up there. I think thats right in the Ball park. Since I personall haven't gone before I can't recomend a place.

I have flown Moose hunting with an Outfit and they do Fishing trips (Fly ins and such) that might interest you. tell "TOM" Moosie sent ya. They're web page is :

http://www.highadventureair.com/

Although I do Know that at out Deer Hunters of Idaho BAnquet Feb 26th this year We're auctionion off a AK trip. I think it goes for about $2500 and thats for 2 people. the guys in the past have done very well. If you're interested in Bidding on that Via Cell phone or whatever drop me a Line (208)571-1355. I can Send you out all the Particulars on it, and I can get you all the guides info.

Or Email me at [email protected] .

Also, Welcome to Hunttalk.com ................................

IAMMAC

Check out Dave Whiley of Orion Charters. Here is his site and you'll find his number there. http://www.orioncharters.com/

Out of all the times I have fished with Dave the smallest halibut I have ever caught was 80 lbs. On average for four guys we catch about 1200 lbs of fish in four hours. Dave targets the big fish, so you spend 8 hours of round trip travel and 4 hours of fishing. He also specializes in salmon shark fishing.

If you plan on going this summer you should really try and book with him by the end of January, or he'll be pretty well booked up after that.

Just a recommendation, but I would try and limit the charter to no more than 2, max 3 days. That is alot of fish and if you do well, you'll limit out very easily, you'll have a hefty expense of shipping it home (assuming you are flying to the lower 48), and you can also have great luck roadside fishing for salmon with little expense.

I would agree with Ovis. I fished with Dave two years ago and had a blast. Everyone limited out that day, but we did not find the biggest fish. It was not from a lack of trying on his part as we fished longer and harder. We fisherman gave up before Dave would.

IAMMAC here is some Alaska fishing packages we offer. The lodge is very nice too. You can view the whole ad for Alaskan Fishing at our website.
www.sportsmansjunction.com Call me toll free 1-877-647-9926 or email me if interested.

2005 PACKAGES & RATES
Fisherman's Package
7 NIGHTS DELUXE LODGING
4 RIVER FISHING TRIPS SALMON OR TROUT
1 DAY HALIBUT FISHING
1 DAY FLY-IN FISHING
BAG LUNCH ON GUIDED TRIPS
DAILY BREAKFAST
SALMON VACUUM SEALING
UNLIMITED BANK FISHING
ONLY $2298.00 per person

May, June, August & September includes 2 Fly-In Trips
Upgrade River Trips to Full Days for $75 per person per day
Upgrade any Trip to a Fly-in for $159 & Up per person
1 DAY HALIBUT FISHING
1 DAY FLY-IN FISHING
DAILY BREAKFAST
SALMON VACUUM SEALING
UNLIMITED BANK FISHING
ONLY $1649.00 per person

May, June, August & September includes Full Day River Trips
Upgrade any trip to a Fly-In for $159 & Up per person
2 DAYS KENAI WILDLIFE REFUGE TROUT/DOLLY TRIPS - LIMITED ENTRY
DAILY BREAKFAST
UNLIMITED BANK FISHING
ONLY $1,898.00 per person
Rate includes Full Day River Trips
3 DAYS FISHING SALMON, HALIBUT OR TROUT
DAILY BREAKFAST
SALMON VACUUM SEALING
UNLIMITED BANK FISHING
ONLY $2,849.00 per person
Rate includes Full Day River Trips
1 DAY HALIBUT FISHING
DAILY BREAKFAST
SALMON VACUUM SEALING
UNLIMITED BANK FISHING
ONLY $1198.00 per person

Upgrade any trip to a Fly-In for $159 & Up per person
Fly-in Fishing Trips last 5 to 7 hours
Halibut Trips Last 6 to 10 Hours

May, June and July are great months for King Salmon and Sockeye Salmon. The Kenai River is home to over 1 million mature Sockeye Salmon. August & September offer spectacular Silver Salmon fishing. This acrobatic fish is one of the outfitter's personal favorites. As these salmon migrate through the Kenai River and its tributaries to spawn, the trillions of eggs they deposit become a prime food source for predatory fish such as Rainbow Trout, Grayling, Dolly Varden and Arctic Char. In August, September and October the Rainbow Trout fishing is phenomenal. The guides at the lodge take care of all fishing equipment and tackle you may need for the day. In addition a lunch will be prepared daily for your shore side enjoyment. The guides are experts in fly fishing or spin casting, catering to the complete novice or avid angler.Their trips range from 6 to 10 hours and depart any time from 5:00 Am to mid morning.

I have a friend who charter for King salmon and halibut here in Sitka. He runs a 27' Seasport, which is the normal boat for these parts. I can ask about his rates if you like. When are you planning on coming up?

Back