Aircraft/Drone regulation passes in Wyoming

You would have really like the testimony given by a Natrona County Commissioner/landowner. Actually, it may be on youtube, as they usually post the commission meetings.

In front of a room full of red shirts, he admitted to flying to locate elk for the guys he charges to hunt his ranch, pushing elk from surrounding ranches onto his, and a host of other similar "arguments".

He just didn't understand why hunters in Wyoming wanted this regulation to pass???

Yeah, I have no idea either...

Thanks Buzz and all others involved. Damn, why are there so many worthless A Holes in the world?

You would have really like the testimony given by a Natrona County Commissioner/landowner. Actually, it may be on youtube, as they usually post the commission meetings.

In front of a room full of red shirts, he admitted to flying to locate elk for the guys he charges to hunt his ranch, pushing elk from surrounding ranches onto his, and a host of other similar "arguments".

He just didn't understand why hunters in Wyoming wanted this regulation to pass???

Yeah, I have no idea either...

That's the guy Buzz. He admits to violating the law and the G&F stands idly by. I figured if I mentioned he was a County Commissioner, everyone in Natrona Co. would know who I was talking about. Lately he harasses public land hunters even more ....he has a helicopter now! He tried to kick us off a chunk of leased State land once. Landed his helicopter between us and the elk we were stalking. He also was instrumental in giving $1,000.00 of taxpayer money to the ALC without any input from the public. What a 'Hole!

That's the guy Buzz. He admits to violating the law and the G&F stands idly by. I figured if I mentioned he was a County Commissioner, everyone in Natrona Co. would know who I was talking about. Lately he harasses public land hunters even more ....he has a helicopter now! He tried to kick us off a chunk of leased State land once. Landed his helicopter between us and the elk we were stalking. He also was instrumental in giving $1,000.00 of taxpayer money to the ALC without any input from the public. What a 'Hole!

I'm one of his biggest fans shoot. I attended a Natrona Commissioners meeting to comment on their use of public money to support Ken Ivory and his ALC. After straightening out the difference in how the state and federal lands are managed for sportsman, he made no comment. After I sat back down, he began his reply back to me filled with inaccuracies I couldn't reply back to. I called him the next day to tell him how little it was how he avoided my retort.

Then he opposes this aircraft regulation in public, maintaining he flies everyday in the fall "working cattle". The latest is he wants to seek higher office in Wyoming. That should be interesting...

I'm one of his biggest fans shoot. I attended a Natrona Commissioners meeting to comment on their use of public money to support Ken Ivory and his ALC. After straightening out the difference in how the state and federal lands are managed for sportsman, he made no comment. After I sat back down, he began his reply back to me filled with inaccuracies I couldn't reply back to. I called him the next day to tell him how little it was how he avoided my retort.

Then he opposes this aircraft regulation in public, maintaining he flies everyday in the fall "working cattle". The latest is he wants to seek higher office in Wyoming. That should be interesting...

Thanks for your effort JM. Working cattle huh? Most ranchers can't afford to do that in an aircraft. That's his cover for what he's really doing. Herding and harassing wildlife and disrupting legal hunts by public land hunters. The wardens I've seen in that area are protective of his interests it would seem.

I am the longbow guy who had my bighorn bowhunt ruined in the Wakashie Wilderness a few years ago by aircraft that Buzz mentioned. Thanks much to all those who got this regulation passed. I had patiently built points for sheep for 19 years. Being retired I had planned to scout for 2 weeks with my llamas and then hunt the archery season and then into the rifle season. After many days of scouting this wonderful country I found a basin with 21 rams....17 in one group and a few scattered. Being a non-resident I found a couple of Wyoming guys who served as my "guides"....a very wierd/unfair law imo. On opening morning my resident was trying to flag me into a nice ram. I was just getting within a couple hundred yards of the ram after crossing a canyon and climbing a 1000 feet or so. The first plane flew low/slow drift thru the canyon and then circled the ram, causing it to go up into inpenetrable cliffs. Second day.....shortly after light we were just leaving camp to try for the 17 rams that were in an open basin along with 40 bull elk and 7 griz. This second plane...different from the day before.....began diving on the ram group, purposefully driving them into some cliffs....I assume to get them into stalkable terrain.. We were flabergasted. That evening guess who showed up. Yep, a outfitter/guide on horses who camped 1/2 mile from us (closer to the cliffs). No proof they were connected but HIGHLY probable, as I had not seen any other bowhunters. I was never able locate where that ram groo disappeared to, even with days of searching. Dismayed, my friend returned to Jackson and another couple of friends from Rawlins came into help. We moved to another drainage entirely. We ran into some residents scouting for one of them who had a rifle tag. They said, "if you think the plane traffic is bad now, wait til gun season....they fly every day." I dont mind griz, tough country or even other foot hunters. Money and bighorn sheep breed some pretty unethical practices imo.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back