African Waterhole LIVE Cam

Tuffbucker

Someone posted this link over on Monster Muleys. I checked it out and thought it was pretty cool, so I figured I'd post it over here.

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam#

Here on some details on the waterhole:

"Nkorho Pan is a natural water hole in the prestigious Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, in South Africa. Nkorho pan is named after Nkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaan derivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common and unusual looking bird from this area."

Ive checked it out a couple of times and have seen Zebras, Water buffalo, and some weird looking birds. Some of the guys on MM said they have seen a Rhino visiting the waterhole. Pretty cool if you ask me!

TUFF

Pretty neat stuff. I checked it out and all I could hear were birds chirping and singing in the background. If nothing else, it is a bit soothing first thing in the morning......here anyways! Thanks Tuff, that's a cool link.

I watched for a while last night - was 7:30 Africa time. Watched a for a bit and only saw some kinda large waterfowl....black or dark brown with white fronted wings. Every so often someone moves the camera. Pretty neat though overall.

Hey that's purty-neat. I just checked it out for my third time today. The first two times nothing was going on, but this last time the water hole was full of cape buffalo. Pretty darn cool actually.

Man, I saw the funniest thing this morning on that live cam. A baboon was sitting there scratching his hind end then moved to the front side and started going to town with pleasure! The dang camera zoomed right in on it too! I sit and watch waiting for the next thing to come into the water but watching a baboon spank it was just funny as all get out! :D

I found this site a month or so ago. I've viewed the cam at several times during the day. I've seen zebras, baboons, hyenas, water buffalos, wildabeasts, and various forms of birds.

The best part of the cam is the sounds of the wildlife. This feature distinguishes the cam from all others in that you feel as if you're there in a blind watching the pond and experiencing Africa in person.

KP

Cool deal...my daughter just saw a giraffe on there. She was really excited to share it with us - it was alone and just walked right across the clearing into the trees. This really makes me want to go over for a little hunting/photo trip

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back