Advice for rechambering .257 Roberts to AI

My rifle is now in the hands of Dan Coffin for rechambering. I can't wait to get it back and to start tinkering with loads. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions.
Wise choice. I am navigating expenses, but a new barrel is in my future with Dan. mtmuley

Let's resurrect a thread from the dead, shall we?

@joelweb -- what have you learned about loading the the .257 AI? Any preferred powder/projectile combinations? How do you handle fireforming/do you anneal your cases prior to fireforming?

I've got a .257 AI light stalking rifle in the works and trying to accumulate as much information as I can before the build starts.

Let's resurrect a thread from the dead, shall we?

@joelweb -- what have you learned about loading the the .257 AI? Any preferred powder/projectile combinations? How do you handle fireforming/do you anneal your cases prior to fireforming?

I've got a .257 AI light stalking rifle in the works and trying to accumulate as much information as I can before the build starts.
Here is the link to the thread I have on the 6 mm AI I am building that I referenced in that other thread. Not a 257, but very close. I also discussed with other Ackley nuts about fireforming and annealing.

@Sheltowee Also this thread.

Last edited:
@Sheltowee Also this thread.
Much obliged, sir. Owe you a cold beer if you’re ever down Colorado way.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back