Adirondack Vacation

stevejfarms

I just found out I have to go to NYC and decided to take in the Adirondacks while we're that close. Any tips on campgrounds, sightseeing, bank fishing, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Or if it is even feasible with covid, and only 10 days to reserve campsights (tent camping). Thanks

I just found out I have to go to NYC and decided to take in the Adirondacks while we're that close. Any tips on campgrounds, sightseeing, bank fishing, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Or if it is even feasible with covid, and only 10 days to reserve campsights (tent camping). Thanks
Was up this weekend, some of the camp grounds are booked out till August, some have sites till the day before, you have to reserve online no walk ins. The camp ground we were at had a bunch of open sites.

You can dispersed camp but have to be 150 feet off of the trail.. more of a task then it sounds.

There are restrictions on some states, probably the places you would have issues is checking in at camp grounds.

Was up this weekend, some of the camp grounds are booked out till August, some have sites till the day before, you have to reserve online no walk ins. The camp ground we were at had a bunch of open sites.

You can dispersed camp but have to be 150 feet off of the trail.. more of a task then it sounds.

There are restrictions on some states, probably the places you would have issues is checking in at camp grounds.

Thanks, Missouri isn't on the restricted list yet. I saw the online reservations, but also read that they weren't taking new reservations. Good to here from someone who's been. Any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks, Missouri isn't on the restricted list yet. I saw the online reservations, but also read that they weren't taking new reservations. Good to here from someone who's been. Any suggestions on where to go?
Honestly I’m just figuring it out myself.
We climbed Colden, there are a bunch of cool hikes in the high peaks. Depends on what your looking for, no idea about fishing.

If you are around where he is you might check my buddy out......haven't been to his shop but we served in the Army together and he is one of the most talented woodworkers I have known. His boats are beautiful!!!

Adirondack Rowboats Paddle & Oar

If you are around where he is you might check my buddy out......haven't been to his shop but we served in the Army together and he is one of the most talented woodworkers I have known. His boats are beautiful!!!

Adirondack Rowboats Paddle & Oar
Might do it, we're still trying to figure out where. Looks like lots of options, hiking is probably out due to my wife's neuropathy. Maybe canoeing, fishing, definitely sightseeing.

NYSDEC Region 5 covers the East side of the Adirondacks and Region 6 is the West side. Give the offices there a call for fishing info or surf their website. Some ridiculous brook trout come out of that part of the world, but it's a big place to explore and find hotspots completely from scratch. Lake Placid is a wonderful destination and lots of other great towns like Tupper Lake and Blue Mountain Lake.

Enjoy the trip and I always want to get back up there to see more of it. I am sure you will like it as there is lots to do outdoor wise. I fished some up there and had limited luck in several spots that were heavily trafficked areas. My better outings were at Upper and Lower Lakes WMA for Oct duck hunts.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back