Add one , Cut one : Summer Olympic sports

I've had some serious cases of Olympic fever in the past, and I generally enjoy the winter games more than the summer, but it kinda seems like my enthusiasm has been ground down to nothing this time around.
I've never been able to get enough, especially the summer games, it was a dream all my life to compete in the games. I used to watch every minute, but shoot, as I get older it gets harder and harder to make the time to watch especially this time of the year when there's so much work that needs to get done.

We've also lost some of our stars. No more Phelps, Bolt, and now Biles. The US mens Basketball team is no Dream Team and can't even figure out how to play as a team. We have no sprinters of any real acclaim, and heck, even the women's soccer team, for as domanent as they've been, look too old to realistically compete for the gold.

Seriously, we already have Rugby. Adding American football would only soften the games.

Cut air pistol

Sub: Escaping the S. Side of Chicago w/o incident.

There's your drama.

I've never been able to get enough, especially the summer games, it was a dream all my life to compete in the games. I used to watch every minute, but shoot, as I get older it gets harder and harder to make the time to watch especially this time of the year when there's so much work that needs to get done.

We've also lost some of our stars. No more Phelps, Bolt, and now Biles. The US mens Basketball team is no Dream Team and can't even figure out how to play as a team. We have no sprinters of any real acclaim, and heck, even the women's soccer team, for as domanent as they've been, look too old to realistically compete for the gold.

*dominant.

And yeah, although I disagree about allowing professionals to compete in the Olympics, regardless of nationality or sport. We kinda grew up in the hey-day of American exceptionalism as we saw the Olympics as an extension of the cold war. Miracle on Ice, US versus Soviet Bloc women's weightlifting, men's wrestling, etc. Same with the running sports & American dominance, then watching the amazing Kenyan and Caribbean athletes dominate.

Plus, I remain firmly convinced that if the Olympic anthem were sung by chickens, it would bring a much bigger market share.

Last edited:
I have watched very little of the coverage, that trend will likely continue.

Outside of track and field, most of the events barely belong in the Olympics. I suspect the international Olympic committee is as corrupt as the NCAA.

Cut: Pro Athletes from competing
Add: Average Joe

I want to see how bad the average person is compared to these athletes.

I'm all for this.

More specifically, if an average joe complains about an athlete's performance, or lack there of, they must complete that routine or event.

I have watched very little of the coverage, that trend will likely continue.

Outside of track and field, most of the events barely belong in the Olympics. I suspect the international Olympic committee is as corrupt as the NCAA.
After seeing Jade Carey's original beam score I was wondering the same thing.

After seeing Jade Carey's original beam score I was wondering the same thing.
Do you guys not remember the drama in Sochi?
Definitely fishy business.
But you'll always find some amount of corruption in the highest levels of competition.
Cut air pistol
Yes.
*dominant.

And yeah, although I disagree about allowing professionals to compete in the Olympics, regardless of nationality or sport.
So zero advertising dollars for all athletes? How would the latest NCAA rule change impact that? We'd turn the Olympics from a competition of the greatest athletes into a competition of old men and high school boys. I don't need to see beer guts and shadow 'staches duking it out.

I'd love to see some life long hunters go head to head with some of these Olympic shooters and teach them a thing or two.
In what sense? Aren’t many of the US shooters on the military shooting teams?

the lifelong hunters would just spend all their allotted time staring at the target through their binos trying to decide if it's even worth taking a shot

*post competition interview* - "yeah, you know, at this point in my life i just get more joy out of seeing other people succeed"

In what sense? Aren’t many of the US shooters on the military shooting teams?
I bet there's some hillbilly duck hunters that could show some military skeet shooters a thing or two. Having been in the military and on a competition pistol team...it doesn't mean all that much to be on a military team.

Add: Stormtrooper marksmanship?
So kinda like the event where they ski and shoot in the Winter Olympics? If so Randy did a podcast a while back with a pair of twin sisters from the west Yellowstone area. How many hunters could train on a unicycle and still perform?

So kinda like the event where they ski and shoot in the Winter Olympics? If so Randy did a podcast a while back with a pair of twin sisters from the west Yellowstone area. How many hunters could train on a unicycle and still perform?

Storm troopers are notoriously bad shots. But yeah, make it like the biathlon, which is a fantastic sport. Unicycle biathlon for the next summer Olympics!

Storm troopers are notoriously bad shots. But yeah, make it like the biathlon, which is a fantastic sport. Unicycle biathlon for the next summer Olympics!
If I’d watch Star Wars I may have known how their marksmanship is.

Cut: Pro Athletes from competing
Add: Average Joe

I want to see how bad the average person is compared to these athletes.

Cut: Pro Athletes
Add: Avg Joe AND ROIDED OUT ONLY ATHLETES.

I wanna see how bad the average person is compared to some superhumans.

Back